Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- With its grand brick facade and graceful window bays, this striking 1800 mansion is one of the finest examples of Federal-period architecture in D.C. It holds a special place in American history, as well—the home once sheltered First Lady Dolly Madison as she fled the White House ahead of advancing British troops.
- The Belle Vue room is the perfect indoor/outdoor space, with soft yellow walls and rows of Palladian-style windows that open onto a covered slate terrace. Outside, you'll find not one, but two artfully designed gardens ready to host your ceremony, reception, or cocktail hour.
- The mansion's impressive main floor remains open as guests arrive, so that they can peruse the well-curated collection of treasures from the era surrounding the birth of the United States.
Please contact the Rental Events Coordinator for off-season event rates!
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Package prices vary depending on:
- Space reserved
- Guest count
- Package chosen
Wedding packages include two hours for setup, one hour for cleanup, use of the grounds & gardens for engagement photos, two dressing area suites, couple's retreat after the ceremony, exclusive access to the property for the duration of your event, and more.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 100.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$ • $$$
Red wine and other red beverages may only be served as part of a seated dinner service.
Year-round, daily, 3pm–1am. All music on any evening must stop by 11:30pm.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Fountain / Water Feature
- Landscaped Grounds
- Other View
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Dumbarton House.