Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- The Decatur House has a great location—and a great pedigree. It's situated right in Lafayette Square (one of the best addresses in D.C.!), and was built by the famous American architect who also designed St. John's Episcopal Church and the U.S. Capitol.
- Outdoor entertaining is at its finest in the courtyard, which is surrounded by lush, manicured gardens and features a portico supported by limestone columns. Indoor receptions shine in the gracious Carriage House, which boasts a 20-foot, peaked ceiling and updated lighting and audiovisual systems.
- An intimate wedding can be hosted in one of the faithfully restored Historic Entertaining Parlors, appointed with inlaid floors, hand-painted ceilings, and 19th-century chandeliers.
Winter and Summer Discount
Use one of Decatur House's preferred vendors for your winter or summer event and receive a discount on the rental fee!
The event must be held January 1–March 31 or July 1–August 31 (not including holidays). Please contact the venue for details.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Type of event
The rental includes guided house tours and a minimum of 3 hours for setup and breakdown.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 100.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$$ • $$$
Alcohol is not provided by the venue; renter must use a licensed server.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
Alternate Info: Decature House Museum Decateur House Museum Decatur House Museum