South Carolina Aquarium 100 Aquarium Wharf • Charleston • SC 29401
We'd love it if you would mention that you found South Carolina Aquarium on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Dynamic waterfront vistas and amazing aquatic creatures make this downtown venue a brilliant choice for a wedding. Picture-perfect backdrops include the Charleston Harbor, exciting exhibits, and colorful marine life.
- Say "I do" overlooking the Harbor...then segue to the seascape galleries for a one-of-a-kind dining experience beside the Great Ocean Tank where you're surrounded by fish and ocean flora.
- Make waves with unique animal encounters for your guests, like touching a manta ray or having divers offer a personalized greeting from inside the 385,000-gallon tank.
Video by Surrender Films.
Small Ceremony, Big Waves | Intimate Wedding Packages
Elopement | $500–1,000
For up to 6 guests, including the couple, officiant, and photographer.
Small Ceremony | $750–1,500
For up to 20 guests, including the couple, officiant, acoustic musician(s), and photographer.A
These packages are available Monday–Wednesday evenings only. No reception, food, or beverage permitted. See link in Pricing section for details.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
All rentals include a 4-hour event time during evening hours and access to the indoor exhibits and outdoor Harbor Overlook. Inquire about holiday weekend rates.
Monday–Wednesday | $3,500 year-round
Thursday & Sunday | $4,500 summer & winter | $5,000 spring & fall
Friday | $5,500 summer & winter | $6,000 spring & fall
Saturday | $6,500 summer & winter | $7,000 spring & fall
- Package prices vary depending on:
- Package chosen
All packages include extended rental time, a rehearsal time, and the choice between a roaming animal encounter or 1-year aquarium membership.
See link below for package details.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 500.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Choose from a preferred list of 5 catering partners.
Year-round, daily, starting at 6:30pm. Amplified music is allowed indoors and outdoors until midnight.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Beach / Ocean
- Zoo / Aquarium
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Ocean / Bay
- Other View
Send an email to South Carolina Aquarium
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except South Carolina Aquarium.
Thanks! Your email to South Carolina Aquarium is on its way!
South Carolina Wedding Venues
> Charleston / Lowcountry Coast Wedding Venues