The Deacon 1600 Christian Street • Philadelphia • PA 19146
We'd love it if you would mention that you found The Deacon on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Built in 1906 and formerly home to the First African Baptist Church, this stunning space has been reimagined as a boutique hotel and event venue, with every detail lovingly and artfully curated for a memorable guest experience.
- Inside, you’ll find vaulted ceilings, arched windows, and blonde wood flooring, accented by minimalist design details like sculptural light fixtures, an open-concept kitchen, and a sleek suspension staircase.
- Overnight guests will love the stylish rooms, as well as the access to Graduate Hospital neighborhood’s vibrant offerings—shops, galleries, nightlife, and more—all within easy walking distance.
A Weekend in the Sanctuary
This full weekend rental includes your event space and eight unique hotel rooms with accommodations for up to 26 guests Friday & Saturday night. With this option, the space is yours for the weekend—host your rehearsal dinner, wedding, and post-wedding brunch, all at The Deacon! Check-in is Friday at 2pm, check-out is Sunday at noon.
$9,500 off-peak | $10,500 peak
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
- Event duration
Meals (when priced separately)
- Arrange through an outside caterer.
Holiday weddings incur an additional $1,500 fee. Hotel rates are separate and range $1,500–2,700/night depending on the day of the week and time of year.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 150.|
- Wedding Receptions
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- On-Site Accommodations
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Not wheelchair accessible
Year-round, daily. Peak season runs May–October; off-peak season runs November–April.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Art Gallery
- Conference Center
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Loft / Warehouse / Industrial
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except The Deacon.
Thanks! Your email to The Deacon is on its way!
Pennsylvania Wedding Venues
> Philadelphia Wedding Venues