Berkeley City Club 2315 Durant Avenue • Berkeley • CA 94704
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Berkeley City Club on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- A 1929 landmark designed in Moorish Gothic-style by famed architect Julia Morgan, this sensational "Little Castle" features landscaped inner courtyards and fountains, plus a wealth of graceful arches, domed ceilings, pillars, leaded-glass windows and doors, and art, creating a gorgeous backdrop for your one-of-a-kind wedding.
- Ceremonies are lovely on the gracious second-floor Terrace, where you can exchange vows framed by leaded-glass windows, beautiful draping, and a waterproof awning for year-round comfort. Grand receptions follow in the Venetian Ballroom just steps away, which boasts vaulted ceilings, a built-in stage, and original chandeliers.
- The Drawing Room's wrought-iron, stone, and tile detailing exude vintage glamour. Host your ceremony before the oversized, impeccably carved fireplace, or opt to say "I do" in the lovely, sheltered East Courtyard—both are perfectly scaled for intimate celebrations.
Video by John Stambaugh
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- $6,500/event and up
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
- Space reserved
- Guest count
- Event duration
Choose your event size, event space, and 3-course menu, and even add on enhancements like an afternoon tea, rehearsal dinner, and post-wedding brunch, and more!
Minimony – small ceremony or elopement, 10–15 guests
Mini-Reception – simplified small reception, 10–15 guests
Micro Wedding – small ceremony & reception, up to 30 guests
All BCC weddings include:
- Complimentary wedding night suite with romantic upgrades
- 50% off getting ready suite
- Discounted group hotel rates
- Tables, chairs, linens, and place settings
- Dedicated venue specialist and waitstaff
- Access to the preferred vendors list
- Engagement photo shoot with your photographer
Service Charge or Gratuity
Please note: Food and beverages apply. If your group would like to stay overnight, bed and breakfast rates will apply.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 250.|
CEREMONY, EVENT/RECEPTION CAPACITY: Event spaces hold 14–200 seated guests.
MEETING CAPACITY: The Berkeley City Club has 5 meeting rooms that accommodate up to 250 seated theater-style or 125 seated classroom-style.
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- On-Site Accommodations
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$$ • $$$
BYO with corkage fee
Outside wine and beer is allowed; outside hard alcohol is not.
Year-round, daily, 6am–10:30pm.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Conference Center
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Private Club
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Fountain / Water Feature
Services & Amenities
Feel like a VIP with these services and amenities:
Catering: provided, no BYO
Kitchen Facilities: n/a
Tables & Chairs: provided
Linens, Silver, etc.: provided
Restrooms: wheelchair accessible
Dance Floor: yes
Dressing Area: no
AV/Meeting Equipment: full range CBA
Parking: hotel guests only for a nightly fee; one complimentary spot per event
Accommodations: 38 guest rooms
Outdoor Night Lighting: yes
Outdoor Cooking Facilities: no
View: indoor courtyards
Other: candelabras, fireplaces, pianos, event coordinator; complimentary amenities for overnight guests include a continental breakfast buffet
But take note of the following limitations!
Alcohol: provided, BYO with corkage
Smoking: not allowed
Music: amplified OK, with restrictions
Wheelchair Access: yes
Insurance: liability required
Other: security sometimes required
Send an email to Berkeley City Club
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Berkeley City Club.
Thanks! Your email to Berkeley City Club is on its way!
Northern California Wedding Venues
> Bay Area Wedding Venues
> East Bay Wedding Venues