Beacon Grand 450 Powell Street • San Francisco • CA 94102
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Beacon Grand on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Step through the doors of this Gothic-style tower and into its opulent Italian Renaissance lobby, and you’re likely to feel as if you’ve stepped back into the 1920s. Tucked just off Union Square and newly renovated with ultimate respect for its nearly 100-year history, this iconic hotel enchants guests with a winning combination of vintage splendor, modern twists, and caring personal service.
- The Empire and Franciscan Ballrooms have a high-society, Age of Innocence ambiance, with breathtaking details like exquisite hand-painted murals, crystal chandeliers, and soaring ceilings embossed with delicate gold leaf touches. Both spaces have adjoining pre-function areas that create fantastic flow from one phase of your celebration to the next.
- Soak in a panoramic 180-degree view of San Francisco in the dazzling Starlite Room. Perched on the hotel’s 21st floor, it boasts a gorgeous white marble bar, floor-to-ceiling windows that wrap around the room, and whimsical urban-chic touches like exposed brick and ductwork and eye-catching art pieces.
Video by CineCrown.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
Wedding packages include passed hors d’oeuvres, 3-course dinner, open bar, champagne, wine, and wedding cake.
Meals (when priced separately)
- $74/person and up
Per-person pricing for seated meals is as follows: luncheons and luncheon buffets start at $74, dinners at $82, and dinner buffets at $110.
All banquet food is catered by Scala’s.
Service Charge or Gratuity
The wedding couple receives a complimentary suite. Group discounts for overnight guests can be arranged.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 350.|
CEREMONY & EVENT/RECEPTION CAPACITY: The hotel accommodates 50–220 seated or 200–350 standing guests indoors.
MEETING CAPACITY: The Hotel has 17,000 square feet of meeting and conference space with 14 different rooms accommodating groups from 10 to 350 people.
- Wedding Receptions
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- On-Site Accommodations Details
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
For special events and business functions: year-round, daily, 6am–midnight. Weddings usually take place on Saturdays 11am–5pm or 6pm–midnight; other days have more flexible time frames. Lizzie's Starlight Lounge is available for a buyout. Contact the wedding consultant for specifics.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Historic / Landmark Building
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
Services & Amenities
Feel like a VIP with these services and amenities:
Catering: in-house, no BYO
Kitchen Facilities: n/a
Tables & Chairs: provided
Linens, Silver, etc.: provided
Restrooms: wheelchair accessible
Dance Floor: provided
Dressing Areas: yes
AV/Meeting Equipment: CBA, extra charge
Parking: nearby garages or valet, extra fee
Accommodations: 416 guest rooms
Outdoor Night Lighting: n/a
Outdoor Cooking Facilities: n/a
View: Lizzie's Starlight Room has 180-degree view of San Francisco skyline
Other: event coordination, baby grand piano
But take note of the following limitations!
Alcohol: in-house, no BYO
Smoking: designated areas outside of the hotel
Music: amplified OK
Wheelchair Access: yes, elevator
Insurance: liability required
Other: no rice, open flames, confetti, or fog machines
This venue is so versatile!
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Beacon Grand.
Thanks! Your email to Beacon Grand is on its way!
Northern California Wedding Venues
> Bay Area Wedding Venues
> San Francisco Wedding Venues
Alternate Info: Formerly the Sir Francis Drake Hotel