Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- The museum building, designed by world-renowned architect and urban planner Moshe Safdie, is a dramatic backdrop. Using an inspired combination of brick and glass, the structure echoes the shapes and forms of local architecture and its interior layout creates an effortless flow between galleries.
- You’ll love the unique event spaces. The breathtaking Atrium dazzles with its soaring curved glass ceiling and abundant natural light. A pair of galleries can be rented together for your wedding and reception: the octagonal Bartlett showcases decorative porcelain as part of the Chinese export collection, while the Copeland is ideal for cocktails. Both open onto the lovely Moongate Patio in the Asian Garden. And then there’s the elegant East India Marine Hall, which features multiple arched, floor-to-ceiling windows, gleaming wood floors and artwork throughout.
- You and your guests can tour the museum. Explore art exhibits from America, China, Japan and India. Visit the Art and Nature Center or walk through Yin Yu Tang, a Chinese house. A Historic Houses tour for nearby sites is included with museum admission, and groups of 10 or more get a discounted rate.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Type of event
The ceremony & reception rental fee starts at $6,500. The reception-only rental fee starts at $5,500.
The rental fee includes a one-year membership to GenPEM, which grants free admission to the museum, invitations to innovative events, and curator-led tours.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 180.|
- Wedding Receptions
- Small Wedding
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
$$ • $$$
The exclusive caterer is Gourmet Caterers.
Year-round, daily, 6:30pm–12:30am. Daytime hours may be arranged.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
- Art Gallery
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Landscaped Grounds
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except The Peabody-Essex Museum.
Thanks! Your email to The Peabody-Essex Museum is on its way!
Alternate Info: PEM