Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Your guests will appreciate this historic hotel’s charm and character. The warm lobby boasts stunning details dating back to the hotel’s 1925 grand opening, and guest rooms perfectly blend modern comfort and classic style with a soothing palette of grey, white, and blue. Separate from the main hotel is the Fidelia Bridges Guest House, a charming 1807 home featuring wide-planked pine floors and four historically appointed guest rooms.
- There’s a perfect event space for each phase of your celebration. The Grand Ballroom, with its Palladian windows, gold-framed mirrors, and 19-foot ceiling, is an exquisite setting for a seated reception. The oak-paneled Tavern, with a wood-burning fireplace and wing-backed chairs, is perfect for cozy welcome cocktails. Nathaniel’s restaurant, with its 1920s vibe, and the adjoining Sophia’s Room work well for a smaller wedding or farewell breakfast.
- Hawthorne Catering provides delicious cuisine. With their years of experience, these experts deliver professional service and superb food. A variety of menu options is available for cocktail receptions, plated or buffet dinners, and holiday-themed meals.
Video by Love in Color Films.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Package prices vary depending on:
- Package chosen
- Day-of coordinator and catering manager
- 1-hour cocktail reception with open bar in the Essex and Mezzanine Foyer areas
- 4-hour dinner and dance reception in the Grand Ballroom
- 4-course meal with a tasting for two
- Sparkling wine toast
- Custom wedding cake
- Floral centerpieces and arrangements
- Deluxe wedding night accommodations for the newlyweds
- 6-passenger limousine
- Tables, chairs, linens, napkins, place cards, souvenir cake knife, and standard rentals
- and more!
Service Charge or Gratuity
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 350.|
Outdoor ceremonies may be arranged on the adjacent Salem Common. Inquire with the coordinator for details.
- Wedding Receptions
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- On-Site Accommodations
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Year-round, daily, anytime.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Historic / Landmark Building
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Landscaped Grounds
- Ocean / Bay
Send an email to Hawthorne Hotel
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Hawthorne Hotel.