Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Built in 1811, the graceful mansion is truly a part of Maryland's history. And although it's secluded in a beautiful, wooded setting, the venue is in the heart of Columbia, just off major highways!
- Three levels of entertaining space means you've got loads of great options. The main attraction is the home's Ballroom, with its glittering chandeliers and glass doors that open onto an attached veranda. Throughout the rest of the mansion, you'll find more intimate spaces—a Library, Gathering Room, Foyer, and more—that may be used in any way you choose.
- The mansion makes a photogenic backdrop for an outdoor ceremony, as you exchange vows at the top of the stairs leading up to the grand front porch while guests look on from the sweeping lawn below. Or, say "I do" in the utterly romantic Bishop's Garden, followed by a tented reception on the mansion's back patio.
Want to take a Virtual Tour of this venue?
VIRTUAL TOURS AVAILABLE! Contact this venue today to set up your own personal Facetime site tour with a member of the staff from the comfort and safety of home!
Once businesses reopen, Historic Oakland will offer intimate and socially distanced micro-wedding packages for 10-20 guests, complemented with masks and sanitizer. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Howard Country residents and Active Military receive a 10% discount on all rental rates.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of day
- Space reserved
- Event duration
All rentals include:
- Private lounge for getting ready
- 1-hour ceremony rehearsal
- Reception tables & chairs, plus setup
- Décor setup assistance, including linens, centerpieces, favors, programs, and more
- On-site facility assistant
- In-house sound system in the Ballroom and Foyer
- Commercial warming kitchen, ice machine, and on-site parking
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 180.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Year-round, daily, 9am–midnight. The backyard tent is available March–November.
Music must end by 10pm on Sundays and 11pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Landscaped Grounds
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Historic Oakland.