Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Art aficionados and novices alike will find countless things to admire at this whimsical, wonderful museum, nestled in desirable Federal Hill. You’ll have lots of outdoor photo possibilities, too, as the buildings are directly across from the Inner Harbor, and just a block from Federal Hill Park.
- With a colorful hot air balloon suspended from the soaring ceiling and emblazoned with the word “LOVE”, the Jim Rouse Visionary Center is a favorite spot for wedding celebrations. Equally inspiring: the Sculpture Barn and Garden, an indoor/outdoor space with wildflower gardens and dazzling, larger-than-life installations.
- More intimate, but no less impressive is the Museum Café. Following your vows on the museum’s spiral marble staircase, you’ll ascend to this ultra-stylish rooftop escape, featuring cool, contemporary design and an open-air terrace overlooking the grounds.
Elopement Packages start at $500!
- 1-hour ceremony in the Wildflower Garden, spiral staircase, or museum cafe terrace
- 1-hour prior for setup/décor/photos
- 30 minutes after for teardown & departure
Bookings are only accepted 30–60 days in advance; max of 25 guests.
Intimate Weddings at the Museum Café range $750–1,250! These include:
- 4 hours for your ceremony & reception in the museum café & terrace
- Access to 3rd-floor art gallery currently featuring "The Science & Mystery of Sleep"
Catering is provided exclusively by your choice of caterer from the preferred list. Only available Only available Wed–Sun after 5pm. The max guest count is up to 50 seated guests or 80 cocktail-style.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
- Space reserved
The rental fee includes up to a 5-hour event, 3 hours for setup, 1 hour for teardown, tables and chairs, security, access to designated exhibits, and more!
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 32.|
Cielo Verde: This site can seat intimate weddings up to 65.
Sculpture Barn & Wildflower Garden: This site can hold up to 130 guests, indoor or outdoors.
Jim Rouse Visionary Center: This facility can hold up to 400 seated or 490 standing guests indoors.
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
BYO with corkage fee
A bartender must be provided by your caterer. Your caterer can also supply the alcohol. A corkage fee may apply when BYO.
Year-round, daily, 10am–11pm.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Loft / Warehouse / Industrial
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
- Art Gallery
- Historic / Landmark Building
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Landscaped Grounds
- Ocean / Bay
Send an email to American Visionary Art Museum
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except American Visionary Art Museum.