Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- This pretty campus boasts lush grounds, unique architecture, and a huge range of celebration choices. It’s just over an hour from downtown Chicago and features an on-site hotel, making it extra-appealing for traveling guests.
- Ranging from sleek and modern to timelessly classic, your venue options include gorgeous historic Altgeld Hall, with its dramatic auditorium and grand staircase, the cool, contemporary Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center, and a huge variety of indoor and outdoor spaces.
- They offer several comprehensive packages, all at refreshingly affordable prices. Every package includes the assistance of their experienced event coordination team, as well as a complimentary wedding night stay at Holmes Hotel.
Video by NIU DeKalb.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- $2,000/event and up
- $1,000/event and up
- Package prices vary depending on:
- Package chosen
- Butler-passed hors d’oeuvres
- Choice of salad, entrée, vegetable, and starch
- Assorted fresh baked bread
- Standard linen for guest tables, specialty, and high boy tables & napkins in color choice of white, red or black
- Coffee station & cake cutting service
- Bar package
Upgraded packages can include an open bar, champagne toast for all guests, specialty linens, and more.
Food & Beverage Minimum
All food and beverage packages for Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center and Altgeld Hall have an additional 12% delivery charge plus 10% food and beverage tax. There is a 20% additional charge for event rentals held on holidays and holiday weekends.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 400.|
Altgeld Hall: Ceremony capacity is 250 indoor and outdoor. Reception capacity is 250 seated and standing, both indoors and outdoors. Meeting capacity is 400.
Barsema Alumni and Visitors Center: Ceremony capacity is 300 indoor and 150 outdoor. Indoor reception capacity is 200 seated and 300 standing; outdoor reception capacity is 120 seated and 200 standing. Meeting capacity is 300.
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- College Campus / School
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Fountain / Water Feature
- Lagoon / Pond
- Landscaped Grounds
Send an email to Northern Illinois University - DeKalb
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Northern Illinois University - DeKalb.