Colvin House 5940 N Sheridan Road • Chicago • IL 60660
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Colvin House on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- This 1909 treasure has been lovingly restored to its turn-of-the-century glory, and is one of only a handful that remain of the stately mansions that once lined Sheridan Road. Built by renowned architect George Maher in the unique "Prairie" style, it includes beautiful geometric and nature-inspired motifs throughout its interior.
- Host a ceremony and cocktail hour in the dreamy herringbone brick courtyard, followed by a reception in the home's breathtaking main room, which features wood floors, a fireplace, dazzling Art Nouveau chandeliers, and an opulently embellished ceiling.
- Its waterfront location means you'll have a unique photo opportunity—whether you catch Lake Michigan when her waters are calm or turbulent, you're guaranteed sweeping, memorable shots.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
The rental fee includes:
- Exclusive use of the venue for the contracted time
- Use of the entire 1st floor of the historic mansion, the outdoor Coach House, 1920s-inspired basement speakeasy, and the lighted courtyard and gardens
- Two dressing rooms including a 3rd-floor suite overlooking Lake Michigan and the 2nd-floor "Something Blue" room
- On-site venue manager, coatroom, and attendant
- Dimmable lighting, folding tables & chairs, baby Grand Piano, outdoor patio and lounge furniture, and a collection of vintage in-house furniture
- Ample parking, restroom options (including gender-neutral)
Saturday | $7,500–8,500
Includes a 7-hour event with 3 hours for getting ready and setup & cleanup time.
Friday & Sunday | $5,500–7,500
Includes a 5-hour event with setup & cleanup time.
Monday–Thursday | $5,500
Off-peak dates only (December 1–March 31).
Pyrite Sun, the in-house wedding services provider, can provide you with wedding planning, floral design, rentals, catering, and vendor coordination for an additional fee. Pyrite specializes in sustainable luxury with the intention of saving you time, excess costs, and waste normally produced by weddings.
Pricing ranges with Pyrite Sun:
- Catering starts at $200/person
- Planning services start at $,2500
- Florals start at $3,000
- DJ services start at $3,000
- Photography starts at $2,000
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 50.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Private Estate
- Beach / Ocean
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Landscaped Grounds
Send an email to Colvin House
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Colvin House.
Thanks! Your email to Colvin House is on its way!
Illinois Wedding Venues
> Chicago Wedding Venues
> Chicago Suburbs, North - Schaumburg / Evanston Wedding Venues