Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- This 1909 treasure has been lovingly restored to its turn-of-the-century glory, and is one of only a handful that remain of the stately mansions that once lined Sheridan Road. Built by renowned architect George Maher in the unique "Prairie" style, it includes beautiful geometric and nature-inspired motifs throughout its interior.
- Host a ceremony and cocktail hour in the dreamy herringbone brick courtyard, followed by a reception in the home's breathtaking main room, which features wood floors, a fireplace, dazzling Art Nouveau chandeliers, and an opulently embellished ceiling.
- Its waterfront location means you'll have a unique photo opportunity—whether you catch Lake Michigan when her waters are calm or turbulent, you're guaranteed sweeping, memorable shots.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
The rental fee includes:
- Exclusive use of the venue for the contracted time
- Use of the entire 1st floor of the historic mansion, the outdoor Coach House, 1920s-inspired basement speakeasy, and the lighted courtyard and gardens
- Two dressing rooms including a 3rd-floor suite overlooking Lake Michigan and the 2nd-floor "Something Blue" room
- On-site venue manager, coatroom, and attendant
- Dimmable lighting, folding tables & chairs, baby Grand Piano, outdoor patio and lounge furniture, and a collection of vintage in-house furniture
- Ample parking, restroom options (including gender-neutral)
Saturday | $7,500–8,500
Includes a 7-hour event with 3 hours for getting ready and setup & cleanup time.
Friday & Sunday | $5,500–7,500
Includes a 5-hour event with setup & cleanup time.
Monday–Thursday | $5,500
Off-peak dates only (December 1–March 31).
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 50.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
In-house options coming in 2024.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Private Estate
- Beach / Ocean
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Landscaped Grounds
Send an email to Colvin House
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Colvin House.