State Botanical Garden of Georgia 2450 S Milledge Avenue • Athens • GA 30605
We'd love it if you would mention that you found State Botanical Garden of Georgia on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- With acres of bountiful gardens dotted with artfully designed buildings, this unique botanical garden—operated by the University of Georgia—celebrates the natural horticultural heritage of the South. An added perk: your rental fees help support its mission of education and ecological stewardship.
- Designed to blend with its surrounding of hardwood trees, the Cecil B. Day Chapel is a striking architectural gem, with an impressive cathedral ceiling, intricate detailing of carved wood and glass, and huge windows that let in the light and views of the forest.
- Host an unforgettable celebration in the dazzling Great Room. Housing the Garden’s collection of lush tropical plants, trees, and flowers, this all-glass structure boasts a soaring ceiling and exquisite light…especially after sunset.
Video by Evan Reese.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of day
- Space reserved
Most rental spaces may be reserved for the day (8:30am–4pm), evening (4:30pm–midnight), or all day (any 10 hours between 8:30am and midnight).
The Day Chapel
Sanctuary Only | $1,000–2,500
Sanctuary and Reception Hall | $1,500–4,250
All rentals include use of two dressing rooms. Sanctuary and Reception Hall rentals also include use of the catering kitchen, tables & chairs, outside patio, and reception hall. Champagne, champagne punch, white wine, and nonalcoholic beverages only.
The Great Room
Gardenside Room Only (day) | $750–1,000
Great Room Only (evening) | $2,000–4,250
Great Room and Gardenside Room | $2,500–4,750
Includes use of the entrance plaza, patio, standard furnishings, tables & chairs, and a catering area. The Great Room is available for evening rentals only. No kegs.
The Porcelain and Decorative Arts Museum
Event Lawn Only | $1,500–2,500
Classroom Only | $1,750–4,000
Not available for full day rentals. Inquire for included furnishings.
The Terrace Room | $1,500–3,500
Includes use of the ballroom, terrace, catering kitchen, tables & chairs, and AV services. No red wine or red punch permitted. There is a catering surcharge of 15% of the caterer's fee.
The Administration Building | $750–1,750
Includes use of the conference room, auditorium, and lobby area, tables & chairs, courtyard, and kitchenette. No red wine permitted.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 300.|
Please contact the venue for additional capacity information.
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- Late Night
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Chapel / Church / Temple
- College Campus / School
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Landscaped Grounds
Send an email to State Botanical Garden of Georgia
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except State Botanical Garden of Georgia.
Thanks! Your email to State Botanical Garden of Georgia is on its way!
Georgia Wedding Venues
> Athens Wedding Venues