Joliet, Illinois 60433
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Jacob Henry Mansion Estate on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why We Like This Place
- The 1873 home is extraordinary. Built by a wealthy real estate magnate, this magnificent example of Renaissance Revival architecture is rich in opulent period details. Of particular interest are the elaborate carvings, done in black walnut and oak—guests delight in examining them closely to find the woodland creatures and cherubs hidden among intricate trees and flowers.
- There’s a beautiful church right on site. Three towering stained-glass windows and a 2,000-pipe organ are the focal points of this historic chapel, which has a gorgeous cathedral ceiling accented by turn-of-the-century woodwork. Though the nondenominational church seats 500, ceremonies feel very intimate thanks to its unique semicircular layout.
- You can “mix and match” a variety of venue options. In addition to the church and mansion, there’s a traditional ballroom built in the Victorian style, a cozy meeting room, and an expansive garden and lawn that can be used for celebrations in the warmer months. You may have your ceremony in one location and reception in another, or keep the party all in one place.
- Max. Seated Indoors: 400
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 300
- Max. Seated Indoors: 300
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 140
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Indoors: 300
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Outdoors: 300
- Max. Seated: 0
Cost: Prices, Deposits, Etc.
A $500–1,000 deposit (based on whether the event is a ceremony-only or ceremony and reception affair) is required to reserve your date, and the balance is due 7 days prior to the event. The ceremony fee ranges $600–1,100 depending on the space reserved and amenities chosen. For receptions, a food & beverage minimum may apply. Entrées range $22–33/person. Tax, alcohol and a 20% service charge are additional.
Special Events, Parties
Venue ViewsFountain/Water Feature
Banquet Hall/Events Facility
Alternate Info: Jacob Henry Mansion