Key to Terms
- provided: the facility provides catering (for a fee)
- provided, no BYO: the facility provides catering; you cannot bring in your own
- preferred list: you must select your caterer from the facility’s approved list
- provided or BYO: the facility will provide catering or you can select an outside caterer of your own
- BYO, licensed: arrange for your own licensed caterer
- ample or fully equipped: large and well-equipped with major appliances
- moderate: medium-sized and utilitarian
- minimal: small with limited equipment; may not have all the basic appliances
- setup or prep only: room for setup and food prep, but not enough space or utilities to cook food
- n/a: not applicable because facility provides catering or doesn’t allow food
TABLES & CHAIRS
- some provided or provided: facility provides some or all of the tables and chairs
- BYO: make arrangements to bring your own
LINENS, SILVER, ETC.
- wheelchair accessible or
- not wheelchair accessible
- yes: an area for dancing (hardwood floor, cement terrace, patio) is available
- CBA, extra charge: you can arrange for a dance floor to be brought in for a fee
BRIDE’S & GROOM’S DRESSING AREA
- yes: there is an area for changing BBQ
- no: there’s no area for changing
- limited: smaller space, not fully equipped as changing room
- CBA: can be arranged
- CBA: can be arranged
other descriptions are self explanatory
If overnight accommodations are available on site, the number of guest rooms is listed.
- CBA: the facility will arrange accommodations for you
- restricted: calls made on the house phone must be local, collect or charged to a credit card
- guest phones: private phones in guest rooms
- house phone: central phone used by all guests
- emergency use only: self-explanatory
OUTDOOR NIGHT LIGHTING
- yes: there is adequate light to conduct your event outdoors after dark
- access only or limited: lighting is sufficient for access only
OUTDOOR COOKING FACILITIES
- BBQ: the facility has a barbecue on the premises
- BBQ, CBA: a barbecue can be arranged through the facility
- BYO BBQ: make arrangements for your own barbecue
- n/a: not applicable
- provided: facility takes care of cleanup
- caterer: your caterer is responsible
- caterer or renter: both you and/or your caterer are responsible for cleanup
- full range: facility has a full range of audiovisual equipment, including projectors, overhead screens, etc.
- no: no equipment is available
- BYO: bring your own meeting equipment
- CBA: equipment can be arranged
- CBA, extra fee: equipment can be arranged for an extra fee
We’ve described what type of view is available for each facility.
- no: the facility has no views to speak of
Description of any service or amenity that is not included in above list.
- provided, no BYO: the facility provides alcoholic beverages (for a fee) and does not permit you to bring your own
- BYO: you can bring your own alcohol
- corkage, $/bottle: if you bring your own alcohol, the facility charges a fee per bottle to remove the cork and pour
- WCB only: (or any combination of these three letters) only wine, champagne and beer are permitted
- licensed server: the server of alcohol must be licensed
- allowed: smoking is permitted throughout the facility
- outside only: smoking is not permitted inside the facility
- not allowed: smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises
- designated areas: specific areas for smoking have been designated
Almost every facility allows acoustic music unless stated otherwise. Essentially, restrictions refer to amplified music.
- amplified OK: amplified music is acceptable without restriction
- outside only: no amplified music allowed inside
- inside only: no amplified music permitted outside
- amplified OK with limits or restrictions: amplified music is allowed, but there are limits on volume, hours of play, type of instruments, etc.
Accessibility is based on whether the event areas (not necessarily the restrooms) of a facility are wheelchair accessible or not.
- yes: the facility is accessible
- limited: the facility is accessible but with difficulty (there may be a step at the entrance, for example, but all of the rooms are accessible)
- no: the facility is not accessible
Many facilities require that you purchase and show proof of some insurance coverage. The type and amount of insurance varies with the facility, and some facilities offer insurance for a minimal charge.
- liability required, certificate required or proof of insurance required: additional insurance is required
- not required: no additional insurance is required
- may be required: sometimes additional insurance is required
CAPACITY NUMBERS AND FEES