Whether it's for your honeymoon or a romantic weekend getaway, these days it pays to pack it all in your carry-on suitcase—and avoid extra charges for checked luggage. The best way to be a breezy bride at the airport is to remember you're on the vacation of your life…and to "hang loose" when you're packing. Keep it simple, easy and fun!
Follow these five tips for packing your carry-on, and you're off to a carefree start.
- Think twice. Pack once. Plan out your outfits. Focus on color coordinated, mix-and-match items, so you don't pack everything but the kitchen sink. Since you aren't checking your bag and now have to keep it with you at all times, make sure it isn't overloaded with unnecessary items. Who wants to drag 50 pounds behind them, even if it is on wheels?!
- Choose Fun Items That Do Double-Duty. Take all the clothes you think you'll need and lay them out on your bed. Remove anything that doesn't spark joy. Add a swimsuit. Add a few bangles. Add your favorite shoes, even if they don't match everything else. Pack things that can do double-duty, and don't bother squeezing in your bulky flannel jammies—your new hubby's t-shirt or a sexy camisole beats PJs any day.
- Don't waste time wrapping clothes in tissue! The only thing you might have time for is to fold your clothes nice and flat. If not, just throw everything in—you can iron when you get there if you need to. Remember: when packing, as in life, time management is key. Do you want to spend your last minutes hugging your BF goodbye or folding your blouse in tissue??
- Pack by Twos. For both guys and gals—when in doubt, pack by twos: two shirts, two sweaters, two pairs of jeans, two pairs of shoes and two dressier outfits and you are done! And put shoes on the bottom and around the perimeter of the bag.
- Use this timesaving technique for looking fresh: Have your dry-cleaner clean, press and fold your items. That way they'll be all ready to pack and will look good when you arrive.
- Don't sweat the capris you left behind. And as my mom always reminded me, "If you forget something, you can buy it there." (And then UPS it home!!)
Hold up! Are you in our tribe?
Some clients may have paid to be placed in our editorial and some of these links may be affiliate; however, we never include a venue, vendor, or product unless they have a proper place here. This is part of our Core Values. We create our website first and foremost to be good for the couples using it to plan their Big Day. We won't stray from that for a few advertising dollars. #scoutshonor