How to turn a private estate into your dream wedding venue...
You've visited a lot of potential wedding venues, and the private estate you're considering for your Big Day has it all: it's gorgeous, romantic, and, of course, totally private—truly your dream location! However, while it's great to get swept away by the beauty of the place, make sure you're aware of all the extras you'll need to provide to turn your vision into reality.
Featured Service | WEDSAFE WEDDING INSURANCE
Your wedding is a huge expense. Let WedSafe protect this investment so you can have your cake…and peace of mind, too!
- Wedding Liability Insurance: Some venues require couples to purchase this for protection in the event of injuries, property damage or alcohol-related accidents.
- Cancellation/Postponement Insurance: In case of unpredictable illness, inclement weather, no-show vendors, damage to gifts or to the bride's dress, etc.
Get your free quote today—it's a piece of cake!
Here are some of the additional things a private estate wedding often requires:
- Rentals beyond cutlery, china and glassware. You may have to rent just about everything, including tables, chairs, couches, umbrellas, bars, a dance floor—even rugs and posh portable restrooms.
- Valet parking or shuttle service for guests, depending on the venue's accessibility, layout and the owners' preferences.
- Generators to power the entire event or be available as backup. Either way, make sure they're quiet.
- Security guards. You'll need them to keep out the public, gatecrashers, and the paparazzi. Property owners also require them for protection of their possessions.
- Permits. Upscale communities frequently have restrictions on hosting events (where and how many are allowed, noise, parking, etc.) and require permits to help control them.
- A tent in case of bad weather.
- Insurance. Most private estates require a certificate of property and liability insurance.
For more advice…
- Shhh….Private Estate Wedding Secrets
- Questions to Ask a Private Estate Wedding Venue
- Questions to Ask a Wedding Venue
- Find The Right Wedding Venue For You
Hold up! Are you in our tribe?
Some clients may have paid to be placed in our editorial and some of these links may be affiliate; however, we never include a venue, vendor, or product unless they have a proper place here. This is part of our Core Values. We create our website first and foremost to be good for the couples using it to plan their Big Day. We won't stray from that for a few advertising dollars. #scoutshonor