Magnolia Plantation and Gardens 3550 Ashley River Road • Charleston • South Carolina 29414
Magnolia Plantation and Gardens
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Magnolia Plantation and Gardens on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Home to the oldest public gardens in the United States, this 500-acre Charleston estate offers stunning natural backdrops year-round, with picturesque bridges, towering oaks, and an abundance of flowers such as azaleas, camellias, lilies, and seasonal annuals.
- The romantic Piazza wraps completely around the home, affording 360-degree views of the gardens. A charming 1840 gazebo on the nearby Long White Bridge Lawn is a lovely place to exchange vows, while the unique Conservatory, with its abundance of tropical foliage and breezy indoor/outdoor vibe, is perfect for an intimate celebration.
- Overlooking the Ashley River, the Carriage House provides an elegant indoor space with wrought-iron chandeliers hanging from the exposed-beam ceiling. There's additional room to party outside, where the patio and lawn are surrounded by trees draped with Spanish moss.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
- Rental fee varies depending on:
- Day of week
- Time of year
- Space reserved
Venue rental fees can include:
- Exclusive use of the selected ceremony and reception space
- On-site dressing suite
- Complimentary guest parking
- And more!
Elopement packages are also available, beginning at $1,000.
Discounted weekday rates (Monday–Thursday) are also available. Contact the venue for details and pricing.
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 200.|
There are 4 different venues that can each hold a different guest count: The Live Oaks Pavilion Lawn can hold up to 800 guests, the Conservatory up to 75, the Carriage House up to 200, and the Piazza up to 350 guests. Additionally, the wraparound porch of the Piazza can comfortably seat 100 guests for a reception.
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
$ • $$
All alcohol must be provided and served by a pre-approved caterer or bar service.
Year-round, daily, anytime.
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Banquet Hall / Events Facility
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Creek / River
- Forest / Woods
- Fountain / Water Feature
- Lagoon / Pond
- Landscaped Grounds
- Meadow / Fields
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Magnolia Plantation and Gardens.
Thanks! Your email to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens is on its way!
South Carolina Wedding Venues
> Charleston / Lowcountry Coast Wedding Venues