Why You'll Love This Place
A Here Comes The Guide Wedding Venue ReviewRead More Show Less
- Named one of the Seven Wonders of Illinois, this sprawling park surrounding the picturesque Sangamon River encompasses 1,500 well-preserved acres with a meadow, lowland and upland forests, and a prairie.
- You have a choice of 14 exquisite Formal Gardens for a beautiful outdoor ceremony. Designed by Robert Allerton, they include the sleekly minimalist Sunken Garden, the colorful Annual Flower & Butterfly Garden, and the striking Avenue of the Chinese Musicians.
- The 100-year-old Allerton Mansion offers a refined indoor reception setting. Its elegant Georgian-style rooms have a timeless beauty, and the on-site catering provides everything from butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and entrée stations to dessert displays.
Prices: What's this going to cost?
The gardens may be booked in 3-hour blocks, ending no later than 8pm. Fees include on-site parking, up to 200 chairs, and setup & teardown.
9am–noon | $700
1–4pm or 5–8pm | $900
Rental of the Mansion is available Saturdays and holidays, and includes exclusive access to the entire Mansion and the adjacent outdoor areas, and a complimentary 1-night stay for the couple when a block of 10 guest rooms are booked.
January–March | $4,000
Holidays | $7,000
Rental of the Barn is only available April–October.
Ceremony (3-hours) | $1,500
Reception (6 hours) | $3,500
All Mansion and Barn rentals include:
- Exclusive venue access for the designated day and time
- Discounted garden rental fee of $600 for a ceremony
- On-site assistance from staff
- Complimentary on-site parking
- Tables, chairs, linens, table settings, and setup & teardown
- 1-hour complimentary use of a 7-person golf cart with driver
Food & Beverage Minimum
A food & beverage minimum of $8,000 applies only for Mansion rentals between April and December.
Meals (when priced separately)
Service Charge or Gratuity
|Meetings||Total meeting capacity for this venue is 300.|
- Outdoor Ceremony
- Wedding Receptions
- Outdoor Reception
- Elopement Packages
- Small Wedding
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Special Events / Parties
- Business Functions / Meetings
- On-Site Accommodations
- LGBTQ+ Friendly
$ • $$
Buildings, other structures, and natural settings available at this venue:
- Historic / Landmark Building
- Patio / Deck / Terrace
Peep the views you’ll enjoy from this venue!
- Forest / Woods
- Fountain / Water Feature
- Lagoon / Pond
- Landscaped Grounds
- Meadow / Fields
Oh, no. How embarrassing! Our website is overwhelmed. 😳 Please refresh the page and hit SEND again. 😊
We play nice. We promise never to share your info with anyone except Allerton Park and Retreat Center.