Washington, District of Columbia 20007
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Dumbarton House on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why We Like This Place
- With its grand brick facade and graceful window bays, this striking 1800 mansion is one of the finest examples of Federal-period architecture in D.C. It holds a special place in American history, as well—the home once sheltered First Lady Dolly Madison as she fled the White House ahead of advancing British troops.
- The Belle Vue room is the perfect indoor/outdoor space, with soft yellow walls and rows of Palladian-style windows that open onto a covered slate terrace. Outside, you'll find not one, but two artfully designed gardens ready to host your ceremony, reception, or cocktail hour.
- The mansion's impressive main floor remains open as guests arrive, so that they can peruse the well-curated collection of treasures from the era surrounding the birth of the United States.
- Max. Seated Indoors: 0
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 200
- Max. Seated Indoors: 80
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 160
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Indoors: 140
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Outdoors: 200
- Max. Seated: 100
Cost: Prices, Deposits, Etc.
An $800 deposit is required to secure your date. Another deposit is due 2 weeks after signing the contract, and the balance is due 90 days prior to the event. Wedding packages range $3,200 (ceremony only) to $9,800 (full ceremony, cocktail reception, and seated reception for up to 160 people). Pricing varies depending on the package chosen, guest count, and space reserved. Wedding packages include 2 hours for setup, 1 hour for cleanup, use of the grounds and gardens for engagement photos, bridal & groom's suites, couple's retreat after the ceremony, access to the first floor of the museum, 2 museum staff, 2 event supervisors, and exclusive access to the property for the duration of your event.
Rates for business functions, meetings, or other types of events vary. Please contact the venue for more details.
Special Events, Parties