By Appointment Only
Los Angeles, California
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Scratch Weddings on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Los Angeles and Orange County.
Save $100 when you book a Scratch Weddings DJ for a Friday or Sunday wedding!
Scratch Weddings provides highly skilled, experienced and affordable DJ talent for weddings. Here are:
3 Reasons You Want Scratch to DJ Your Wedding:
1. They put their DJs through the wringer. Obviously Scratch Weddings is Certified By The Guide, but did you know they have a 10-step DJ screening process?
- Yes, you read that correctly. TEN steps. From mixing ability to mic work, Scratch evaluates everything from a DJ’s background to their overall song selecting skills. And THEN they’re tested at dozens of corporate events before being deemed worthy to spin at weddings. They also provide full liability coverage and have emergency backup DJs to guarantee you’ll have a flawless event—no matter what! Scratch isn’t playing around.
2. They Ain’t No Sucker MCs. Did you catch that reference? Scratch Weddings was co-founded by Jam Master Jay of the legendary hip-hop group Run–D.M.C.
- Jam Master Jay had mad scratching and mixing skills on the turntables. In fact, he founded Scratch to “provide unparalleled education and access to the art form of the DJ…” The result? Their DJs are exceptional at mixing and performing on real turntables. Talk about impressing your guests! There ain’t no cheesy wedding DJs at Scratch—they’re the real deal.
3. They’re like the eHarmony of Wedding DJs. Meaning Scratch knows that compatibility leads to a more satisfying relationship.
- There’s no “one size fits all” wedding DJ here. Scratch Weddings has an unparalleled variety of DJs in their database—and the choice of DJ is completely up to you. Read bios, watch videos and get matched with your ideal DJ. There’s a (male OR female) DJ out there for every couple, every musical style, every language and every culture. Way to represent!
BONUS! Would you believe us if we told you they’re affordable, too? Well they are. Submit an inquiry through their website for a pricing quote from one of their Wedding Managers.
Questions and Answers
Which areas of the country do you service?
Scratch Weddings is headquartered in New York City, with DJs available for weddings in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware, South Florida, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Orange County, Massachusetts, Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia.
How does Scratch Weddings find its DJs? How do they become of member of the team?
Scratch Weddings rigorously screens each member of its DJ team through a 10-step DJ screening process. As the leading DJ company in the U.S., we receive a lot of DJ bios and mix CDs. We only select the most skilled and professional DJs in each of our markets. We also test each DJ through dozens of corporate events before they spin weddings for us. Today, we have DJs that specialize in every style of music as well as both male and female DJ talent.
How do I choose the right DJ for my wedding?
Our events staff is excellent at recommending DJs based on information gathered from you. The choice of the actual DJ will be up to you, but we will guide you along each step of the process. With your comfort in mind, each standard wedding package includes an in-person or phone consultation with the DJ who will be spinning your event.
What will my grandmother think about a DJ from Scratch Weddings?
She'll love us! One of the advantages of hiring a DJ is the opportunity to include a variety of music to please a wide range of guests. The difference with a DJ from Scratch Weddings versus a typical wedding DJ is that our DJs are experts in seamlessly moving from genre to genre to keep all guests, both young and old, on the dance floor.
Do DJs from Scratch Weddings use the microphone?
That really depends on whether you would like us to. In choosing a DJ for your event, we will absolutely consider just how much or how little talking you would like the DJ to do. From announcing the bridal party to getting the crowd excited, our DJs can use the mic skillfully and tastefully. If, however, you prefer to allow the music to do the talking, we are absolutely on board.
Do you also book musicians?
While our primary focus is booking amazing DJ talent for you, we do have a database of musicians and a host of partners that we can refer as well. Many of these musicians work very well with DJs. Just ask and we will do our best to point you in the right direction.
How do I actually book a DJ?
Start by giving us a call now at 866.955.8580 or submit an online inquiry. We will then gather some additional information and make a DJ recommendation for your wedding.
Scratch Weddings Covers These Areas:
- Home Page Deal
- Los Angeles
- Orange County
- And other areas by special arrangement.
Wedding Vendors > Southern California > DJs and Entertainment