Sea Island, Georgia 31561
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Sea Island on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why We Like This Place
- Its magical setting: Situated in the Golden Isles, this historic Forbes Five-Star luxury resort presides over five miles of pristine, private coastline and is surrounded by ancient oaks, picturesque marshland, and three championship 18-hole golf courses.
- Gorgeous indoor and outdoor ceremony sites: Exchange vows beneath a canopy of moss-covered oaks while the sun sets behind you, or say “I do” in the enchanting Cloister Chapel or the Spanish Lounge, with it’s ornate arched windows and oversized fireplace.
- Sublime reception venues: You have your choice of exquisitely appointed ballrooms, an outdoor oceanfront venue, or one of Sea Island’s serene wooded and landscaped locations.
- VIP accommodations and spa: Stay overnight (or the weekend!) in your choice of The Cloister, The Lodge (with 24-hour butler service), private cottages, or The Inn at Sea Island. Then, for the ultimate revitalization, treat yourself to some pampering at the resort’s Forbes Five-Star rated Spa and Fitness Center.
- Irresistible wedding cakes: Indulgence comes in so many fabulous flavors here, like Sea Island Salted Turtle (pound cake with sea salted caramel filling and chocolate covered toasted pecans)…or Coastal Dreaming (almond cake with bittersweet chocolate truffle ganache)…or Raspberry Lemon Drop (lemoncello-infused white cake with creamy lemon filling and fresh raspberries)…or something sinfully chocolate in the form of a red velvet or devil’s food cake…
- Max. Seated Indoors: 300
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 300
- Max. Seated Indoors: 350
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 100
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Indoors: 400
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Outdoors: 250
- Max. Seated: 300
Cost: Prices, Deposits, Etc.
25% of the estimated event total is required to secure your date. Additional deposits are due 90 and 60 days prior to the event, with the final balance due 30 days prior. The venue rental fee is $5,000 during peak season and $2,500 during July–August and December–February. Sea Island Wedding Packages for 2017 range $295–405/person and include a cocktail hour, formal reception, and bar package. Sunday–Thursday, the Intimate Wedding Package for 20 or fewer guests starts at $4,000 and includes the ceremony site rental fee, wedding team assistance, champagne, and wedding cake. Tax, a 2.25% Sea Island Infrastructure Fee, and a 24% service charge are additional. There is also a brunch package available at $250/person that includes tax and service charge. A 3-night minimum stay is required for all weddings hosted at Sea Island; rooms are not included in the above pricing.
Ceremonies at Sea Island must be held in conjunction with a formal reception. However, the venue is happy to host wedding receptions where the ceremony takes place off-property.
Special Events, Parties
Golf Course Fairways
Banquet Hall/Events Facility