Remote position; however, candidate that lives in the Northeastern U.S. or along the East Coast is greatly preferred.
- Possess excellent telephone and written communication skills. You must sound great and be able to come across well in an email, too.
- Be able to take direction and constructive criticism, and work as part of a team.
- Be able to learn fast, think on your feet, and juggle a variety of tasks.
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You gotta keep up!
- Be extremely detail-oriented and organized. We can't emphasize this enough.
- Have impeccable time-management skills.
Greatly desired, but not required:
- Prior customer service experience with a proven track record of success, including client retention.
- Account management or marketing experience (direct sales experience is not necessary).
- Customer Relationship Management software (e.g. Salesforce or Hubspot) or other database experience.
Knowledge of the following is required and will be tested:
- Competence on a Mac running OS X.
- Google Docs and Sheets.
- Standard business writing in formal and informal settings.
- General tech-stuff savvy including a working knowledge of the biggest social media platforms.
- Build relationships with venue representatives through phone calls and emails introducing Here Comes The Guide.
- Optimize client profile pages by procuring current images and ensuring data on the page is accurate and up to date.
- Back end content management on HereComesTheGuide.com.
- Sales support including prospecting, building client profiles, researching new territories for expansion, etc.
- Respond to incoming inquiries for a variety of territories.
- Analyze incoming traffic in developing areas and execute strategy designed to further HereComesTheGuide.com’s reach in new territories.
- Other miscellaneous projects.
COMPENSATION: $20-22/hr base pay, DOE, plus quarterly incentives and a 4-day workweek (32 hours of work M–Th with Fridays off, but paid for 40!). Full-time, no commission. (We value our team dynamic highly.) Health plan, 3+ weeks of personal time, 12 weeks of maternity / paternity / adoption leave (6 weeks paid), and all major holidays (plus fun ones like Valentine's Day and your birthday!), and other benefits are offered.
JOB LOCATION: This position is fully remote—you'll work from your home office. Note that we require all employees to travel annually (once per year, usually to Texas in the fall) for our team retreat. But it's all-expense-paid and it's a blast, so you won't mind.
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- An office area devoted to your work.
- At least 8 hours of uninterrupted quiet during business hours to do that work.
- A reliable and fast internet connection.
HOW TO APPLY:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please look at the company website to become familiar with what we do.
Also, review our Core Values: Words We Live (and Work) By. They're incredibly important to us!
Then, if you still think you're our kind of person, email a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your resume. PUT "JOB APPLICANT: FULL-TIME CLIENT SUCCESS" IN THE SUBJECT LINE, or your application will not be considered. In your cover letter, tell us specifically why you'd like to work for Here Comes The Guide.
Please send your resume as a PDF.