Questions To Ask Your Floral Designer
- What flowers are in season for the month I am getting married?
- Based on my color scheme and budget, what flowers do you recommend?
- Is there a difference in price if I use one type of flower vs. a mixed arrangement or bouquet?
- If I request it, can you provide any organic, pesiticide-free or sustainably grown varieties? TIP: Organic roses cost more, but last so much longer!
- What are the different kinds of wraps (called “collars” in florist-speak) you can do for my bouquet?
- What about coordinating boutonnières, bridesmaid flowers, and centerpieces? Can you suggest anything special to coordinate with the theme/venue/season of my event?
- What other décor can you provide (aisle runner, candelabras, trees, arches, votives, mirrors, etc.)? How will these items affect the overall cost?
- If I provide you with a picture of a bouquet and/or arrangement that I like, can you recreate it?
- Do you have photos or live examples of florals designed in the style I want?
- Can you do sketches or mockups of the arrangements you’ve described before I sign the contract?
- Will you work with my cake designer if I decide to add flowers to my wedding cake? If so, is there an additional setup fee for this?
- How far in advance of the wedding will you create the bouquets and arrangements, and how are they stored?
- Can you assist me in the preservation of my bouquet after the wedding? If not, can you recommend someone?