If you’re getting married in New Jersey, you have your pick of an incredible range of wedding sites: From private estates and country clubs to historic landmarks and amazing museums, the state boasts just about every type of event location you can think of. To give you an idea of what’s available, we’ve put together a little “tasting menu”—10 hand-selected places that we love, each one from a different venue category.
Best of New Jersey: Mansion
- Location: 236 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park NJ
- Style: Palatial décor indoors, landscaped grounds outdoors
- Interesting Tidbit: The original house was built in 1870 for a prominent Florham Park family. It became a speakeasy during Prohibition, and then did a stint as a country club.
- Event Space Highlights: The Ballroom features floor-to-ceiling windows, a 19th-century Carrera marble fireplace, French doors and handcrafted chairs. The garden ceremony site has a manicured lawn and circular patio surrounded by lush greenery.
- Notable Services: They’re happy to help match you up with their preferred vendors.
- Catering: Provided in-house. Want something beyond the standard meal? Try their Martini or Seafood Bar or add on a station or two or three… Your choices include Mozzarella, Grill, Sushi, Caviar (with an iced vodka luge) and Caribbean Tastes stations, as well as a Decadent Dessert Display.
Best of New Jersey: Historic/Landmark
- Location: 744 Broad Street, Newark NJ
- Style: Upscale, Art Deco
- Interesting Tidbit: This 1931 building was one of the first skyscrapers in Newark, and after a $55 million renovation its stunning Deco interior is as dazzling as ever—but with modern amenities!
- Event Space Highlights: The spectacular Ballroom is what glamour is all about. From its teal blue, gilded ceiling and marble pillars to the inlaid floors and soaring windows framing amazing views, it’s a perfect backdrop for a dramatic wedding.
- Notable Services: They are experts in hosting South Asian, kosher, Middle Eastern and european weddings.
- Catering: Provided in-house exclusively by Frugillo Caterers. This award-winning, family-owned company is known for their innovative, beautifully presented cuisine.
Best of New Jersey: Boat/Yacht:
Smooth Sailing Celebrations
- Location: 1500 Harbor Boulevard, Weehawken NJ
- Style: Sleek, romantic, luxurious
- Fab Feature: Cruising the Hudson River at sunset, as you soak up the unobstructed view of the glittering New York City skyline.
- Event Space Highlights: There are over 45 yachts in their fleet, from the sophisticated Royal Princess and Aqua Azul to Majesty, the largest party boat in the United States. You also have your choice of smaller luxury yachts, catamarans, sailboats and schooners for more intimate events.
- Catering: Provided in-house. Executive chefs will whip up first-class cuisine with food prepared fresh on board, and the professionally trained (and uniformed!) Captain and marine crew, Maitre’d, bartenders and service staff will make your day flow seamlessly.
Best of New Jersey: Garden/Outdoor
- Location: 637 Province Line Road, Allentown NJ
- Style: Elegant country estate
- Fab Feature: You can have a “roaming” cocktail hour—guests may mingle throughout the grounds, as well as in the library and conservatory and on the verandas.
- Event Space Highlights: The Barn Chapel, with its vaulted wood interior and floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace, is a charming spot for your ceremony. And then there’s the Grand Ballroom, a truly breathtaking place for an event. Towering columns, carved wood arches, crystal chandeliers, and huge multipaned windows overlooking the parklike surroundings create a sensational space.
- Notable Services: A professional Maitre d’ will oversee your reception. All three of their menu options include a custom, tiered wedding cake!
- Catering: Provided in-house exclusively by Merri-Makers Catering.
Best of New Jersey: Waterfront
- Location: 1 Atlantic Ocean, Suite 4106, Atlantic City NJ
- Style: Sophisticated, beach-glam
- Fab Feature: Their outdoor terrace! Ideal for al fresco cocktails and mingling, it runs the length of the building and puts you directly above the sand and waves.
- Event Space Highlights: Located on the top floor of the Playground (formerly The Pier Shops at Caesars), and extending 100 yards out over the ocean, One Atlantic easily accommodates celebrations of all sizes and styles. The Lobby and Atlantic Room feature floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase unparalleled views of the sea, the shore and the city skyline—the perfect year-round backdrop for ceremonies and receptions.
- Notable Amenities: Several enhancements are available to crank up the fun, like an Atlantic City Boardwalk Tram Service, fireworks on the beach, and a Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Cart!
- Catering: Provided in-house. Using sustainable, seasonal and locally grown products in their cuisine is just one of the many factors that has earned them the coveted designation as a 2 Star Certified Green Restaurant. They’re happy to customize your menu and accommodate ethnic and cultural requests, including glatt kosher, traditional Asian, and vegetarian dishes.
Best of New Jersey: Banquet Facility/Ballroom
Park Avenue Club
- Location: 184 Park Avenue, Florham Park NJ
- Style: Country-chic
- Interesting Tidbit: One of Park Avenue Club’s main goals is giving back to the community, and they’re the only private club in the country that benefits ten different charities and cultural organizations.
- Event Space Highlights: This 1894 former dairy barn has been transformed into a club, with its original brick-and-slate façade intact and a swanky ballroom complete with glittering chandeliers. A storybook garden and patio are available for ceremonies and receptions.
- Notable Services: They allow only one wedding at time, which means you have exclusive use of the venue during your event.
- Catering: Provided in-house.
Best of New Jersey: Restaurant
- Location: 27 Mine Brook Road, Bernardsville NJ
- Style: Sophisticated, boutique luxury hotel
- Interesting Tidbit: The Inn is the only AAA Four Diamond-rated hotel and restaurant in New Jersey!
- Event Space Highlights: The Fenwick Ballroom is a visual treat, with huge arched windows and matching arched mirror that reflect the light from brilliant chandeliers and wall sconces. In the Great Room, an abundance of rich wood detailing and a stone fireplace create a warm, inviting space. The Wine Pantry and Silver Vault take you back in time with their wood-beamed ceilings and exposed brick or stone walls.
- Notable Services: You can pull out all the stops with “Signature Style” and have your wedding designed by Jeffrey B. Haines and Butler’s of Far Hills, an award-winning firm recognized nationally for their exquisite event design and orchestration.
- Catering: Provided in-house. You’re invited to do a a special tasting of their creative, seasonal cuisine, prepared by the Executive Chef and his culinary team.
Best of New Jersey: Museum
Liberty Science Center at Liberty State Park
- Location: 222 Jersey City Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ
- Style: Out-of-the-Ordinary
- Interesting Tidbit: The Liberty Science Center is a 300,000-square-foot, nonprofit learning center dedicated to science education. It houses 12 museum halls including a live animal collection, aquariums, simulators, and the nation’s largest IMAX Dome Theater!
- Event Space Highlights: Four levels provide multiple options, such as a dramatic two-story gallery displaying unique artwork; a glass-enclosed Observation Tower with panoramic views of Manhattan and The Statue of Liberty; and The East Lawn, an outdoor space situated in Liberty State Park with the same topnotch views.
- Notable Services: In addition to handling the décor, lighting, and flowers, they’ll arrange interactive exhibits for your event. Watching a trained professional do a live science demonstration or commune with an exotic animal will be an unforgettable experience for your guests!
- Catering: Select from list. The preferred caterer, CxRa, delivers artfully displayed seasonal food.
Best of New Jersey: Country Club
Fiddler’s Elbow Country Club
- Location: 811 Rattlesnake Bridge Road, Bedminster Township NJ
- Style: Country Club meets English manor house
- Interesting Tidbit: The name “Fiddler’s Elbow” came from a nearby hamlet, located at a spot where the Lamington River makes a bend resembling the arm of a man playing a fiddle.
- Event Space Highlights: Their riverside ceremony site lets you exchange vows in a natural setting. In the ballroom, floor-to-ceiling windows frame golf course views. A variety of banquet and dining rooms collectively feature fabulous fireplaces, chandeliers, patios and views.
- Notable Services: You’ll have your own Event Manager for one-on-one service throughout your celebration.
- Catering: Provided in-house. Their Executive and Pastry Chefs will help personalize your menu, including a custom-designed wedding cake. Wine pairings can also be arranged.
Best of New Jersey: Hotel
Stockton Seaview Hotel and Golf Club
- Location: 401 South New York, Galloway NJ
- Style: Turn-of-the-century seaside resort
- Fab Feature: It’s southern New Jersey’s only golf and spa resort, with two world-renowned courses and a full-service menu of spa treatments.
- Event Space Highlights: You have a wealth of choices, indoors and out. The historic Oval Room overlooks Reeds Bay and the grounds and opens onto an elevated patio. Larger and more modern, the Bayview Ballroom has its own prefunction area and a lush terrace. Al fresco ceremonies are held on the Oval Lawn or in the Centennial Pavilion, which boasts views of the woods and golf course.
- Wedding Package Perks: Five different packages let you choose a reception that fits your tastes and budget. All of them include a complimentary bridal suite for the wedding night and a custom wedding cake, along with numerous other amenities.
- Catering: Provided in-house.
We’ve also got the rest of the state covered. More New Jersey wedding venues at your fingertips!