by Private Estate Expert Gianna Provenzano of Gianna and Company
A private estate can be a fantastic backdrop to the wedding of your dreams, but if you haven’t prepared yourself, estate weddings can easily turn into a planning nightmare. Here are some tips from wedding coordinator and estate event expert Gianna Provenzano of Gianna and Company to ensure your estate event planning runs as smoothly as the event itself:
Topics that should be addressed in writing include:
• Always carry insurance to cover yourself, your party and the estate. Choose a reputable insurance carrier (check them out with the Better Business Bureau to be sure), and make sure the policy does not end at midnight. Event professionals will likely be working well past midnight to clean up, and anything can happen!
• Don’t bet on Mother Nature: have a bad weather contingency plan in place with your event planner and rental companies.
• Do your homework: a quick check with the Better Business Bureau on all the event professionals you’ve selected will give you a little piece of mind. If you can’t find any information with the BBB, check with your local District Attorney’s office.
• Ask around: While Here Comes The Guide only features event professionals who have been thoroughly referenced and Certified by the Guide, take advantage of your trusted wedding experts’ experience. Whether you live in a small town or a big city, the special event community is a small one: most wedding professionals know each other well, both by name and reputation.
• Always pay event professionals in installments, and spread out payments as much as possible: be wary if a service professional insists that you pay in full before any services have actually been carried out.
• Use credit cards whenever possible to pay for services.
• As you map out your own dream private estate wedding, repeat this mantra to yourself: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
About the Author:
As the founder and driving force behind Gianna & Company, a division of GP Events, Inc., Gianna Provenzano is known for her attention to detail, creativity, integrity and upbeat personality. Gianna’s sense of humor and calm demeanor help her clients to relax and enjoy their event. In December, 2002, Gianna opened the doors to Gianna & Company, a successful event-planning firm. Gianna has access to over 4,000 multi-million dollar locations. During the last five years Gianna has cultivated relationships with award winning lighting and stage designers, caterers, floral and graphic designers, Hollywood’s leading hair and makeup artists and top couture designers for her varied clientele.