Montpelier Station Wedding Venue
11395 Constitution Highway
Montpelier Station, Virginia 22957
5 Reasons the historic James Madison’s Montpelier is a perfect Virginia wedding venue:
1. The Temple is a peaceful place to exchange your vows: Designed and built by James Madison himself, this stately columned gazebo enjoys views of the Madison’s beloved mansion and Virginia’s majestic Blue Ridge Mountains.
2. Garden weddings are lovely here: As guests step through the wrought-iron gates of the Annie duPont Formal Garden, they’re greeted by peonies, Japanese irises, and fragrant herbs.
3. Your cocktail hour will be steeped in American history: The “Red Room,” an installation exhibit of Art Deco furnishings and décor, showcases the legacy of Marion du Pont Scott at Montpelier and provides great conversation starters for mingling guests—especially horse lovers!
4. The Grand Salon will elevate your dinner party: This room’s gold-leaf chandelier adds just the right touch of elegance, while floor-to-ceiling windows frame a beautiful mountain vista.
5. Your reception can take place in Dolly Madison’s favorite event space: Dolly’s Back Lawn served as the backdrop for many of her most famous parties over 200 years ago, so why not make it the site for your own most important celebration?
The rental fee is $10,000. The mansion may be opened for an additional $500 for 1-1/2 hours during your event. Choose from a preferred list of caterers. Couples renting the Madison Temple will provide all chairs, tables, food, drink, china, silverware, napkings, tablecloths, flowers, dance floor, portable toilets, and band. For weddings at the William duPont Gallery in the Montpelier Visitor Center, some indoor chairs and tables are provided. Outdoor chairs must be provided by the wedding party for outdoor receptions.
Special Events, Parties
Banquet Hall/Events Facility
Choose From List
Year-round, daily. Call for details.
Alternate Info: James Madison's Montpeelier Montpeler Montpealier