Click thumbnails to enlarge image
Why We Like This Place
For many couples, a Big Sur honeymoon or romantic getaway is top of their wish list. Lucia Lodge is a great choice—just browse these 5 highlights of the Lucia Lodge experience to see why…
- Beautiful Big Sur: Just south of Monterey Bay, one of the most spectacular stretches of coastline in the world is blessed with breathtaking ocean views on one side and the Santa Lucia Mountains on the other. Lucia Lodge puts you front and center to the best of Big Sur’s scenic treasures.
- Do Not Disturb: Accommodations are without telephones or television, inspiring you to tune into the sounds of Nature…and each other.
- The Honeymoon Cottage: Historic Lucia Lodge is rustic yet comfortable, and the preferred couples’ hideway is Cabin #10, also known as “The Honeymoon Cottage.” Perched at the Cliff’s edge above the soaring waves, it includes a private patio for sunset-gazing and a cozy fireplace.
- Wild West: At Lucia Lodge, you’re surrounded by the wonders of the natural world. Whales, sea otters, dolphins and sea birds dot the oceanscape, viewable from the Lodge’s terraces or nearby paths. Hold hands as you and your partner follow hiking trails into the mountain forests that enliven the senses with the scents, sights and sounds of the wilderness.
- Good Eats: It’s not uncommon for folks to travel quite a ways to enjoy a savory and satisfying meal here, as much for the panoramic view as the home-style cooking. Dining is family-style, with indoor/outdoor seating. Guests enjoy complimentary Continental breakfasts, and a general store with a gift shop featuring local artisans are also on site.
Honeymoon Package Notes
Ask about Cabin #10 which is considered “The Honeymoon Cottage.”
Free Continental breakfast included with each room. Family-style indoor/outdoor dining available for lunch and dinner featuring local ingredients.Whale watching from the restaurant deck, and fireside dining inside the restaurant. Rooms come with free WiFi, some with fireplaces.
Nearby Attraction Details
Picnics, nature hikes, waterfalls, beachcombing, wildlife viewing, amazing starscapes.
Honeymoon Venues > Central California Honeymoon Venues > Central Coast Beach Area and San Luis Obispo Honeymoon Venues
Honeymoon Venues > Northern California Honeymoon Venues > Monterey and Carmel Honeymoon Venues