Job Openings - Other Regions
For the wedding and special events market in areas outside of California
Please submit your job opening if you are outside California and looking for staff in the Wedding and Event Planning Industry.
LOCATION: Austin, TX
Hopscotch Press, Inc. is a small web marketing/publishing company based in Berkeley, CA looking to add a new member to our team in Austin, TX who we can train to help us with business development, mostly done on the phone. Our ancillary Austin office environment is friendly, casual, sunny, non-smoking and fragrance-free. Creativity, a sassy spirit and a healthy sense of humor are definitely a plus. This is a super fun place to work.
We’re best known for the “Here Comes The Guide” books and website–all of which highlight outstanding locations and services for weddings and special events in California and beyond. For more information on our products and services, please visit http://www.herecomestheguide.com.
• Possess excellent telephone and written communication skills.
• Be able to take direction, constructive criticism and work as part of a team.
• Be able to learn fast, think on your feet and juggle a variety of tasks.
• Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You gotta keep up!
• Be extremely detail-oriented and organized. We can’t emphasize this enough.
• Have impeccable time-management skills.
Greatly desired, but not required:
• Have prior sales experience with a proven track record of success, including cold calling and lead management.
Publishing experience is not necessary, but sales, account management or marketing experience is desired. More than anything, you must actually like selling a quality product.
Competence on a Mac running OSX and knowledge of the following is required and will be tested:
• FileMaker Pro (or comparable database program)
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• General internet/tech-stuff savvy including email and a working knowledge of the biggest social media platforms
• Perform inside phone sales including cold calling and proactively following up on leads, phone inquiries, referrals and research.
• Keep track of all client contacts and maintain meticulous records in our database and web Content Management System.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
• Periodically visit existing and potential clients. (Not a ton of travel, but the opportunity arises from time to time.)
• Meet or exceed sales goals.
• Contact clients to procure images and information for our website and publications.
SALARY: $37-40K DOE to start. Full time, straight salary, no commission. (We value our team dynamic highly.) Health plan, vacation, holiday and sick time, performance incentives and other benefits are offered.
JOB LOCATION: This position will start out working full time in our ancillary office in Austin, TX until completely trained. At that point, the ability to work from home for portions of the week is offered. We believe flexibility and work/life balance are key benefits of working for Here Comes The Guide.
HOW TO APPLY:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please look at the company website to become familiar with what we do.
Email a one-page cover letter along with your resume. PUT “JOB APPLICANT” IN THE SUBJECT LINE, or your application will not be considered. In your cover letter, tell us specifically why you’d like to work for Here Comes The Guide.
Please send your resume as a PDF.
Meredith Monday Schwartz