For the wedding and special events job market in Northern California…
Hopscotch Press, Inc. is a small web marketing/publishing company looking to add a new member to our team who we can train to help us with business development, mostly done on the phone. Our office environment is friendly, casual, sunny, non-smoking and fragrance-free. Creativity, a sassy spirit and a healthy sense of humor are definitely a plus. This is a super fun place to work.
We’re best known for the “Here Comes The Guide” books and website—all of which highlight outstanding locations and services for weddings and special events in California and beyond. For more information on our products and services, please visit http://www.herecomestheguide.com.
• Possess excellent telephone and written communication skills.
• Be able to take direction, constructive criticism and work as part of a team.
• Be able to learn fast, think on your feet and juggle a variety of tasks.
• Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You gotta keep up!
• Be extremely detail-oriented and organized. We can’t emphasize this enough.
• Have impeccable time-management skills.
Greatly desired, but not required:
• Have prior sales experience with a proven track record of success, including cold calling and lead management.
Publishing experience is not necessary, but sales, account management or marketing experience is desired. More than anything, you must actually like selling a quality product.
Competence on a Mac running OSX and knowledge of the following is required and will be tested:
• FileMaker Pro (or comparable database or CRM software)
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• General internet/tech-stuff savvy including email and a working knowledge of the biggest social media platforms
• Perform inside phone sales including cold calling and proactively following up on leads, phone inquiries, referrals and research.
• Keep track of all client and potential client contacts and maintain meticulous records in our database and web Content Management System.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
• Periodically visit existing and potential clients. (Not a ton of travel, but the opportunity arises from time to time.)
• Meet or exceed sales goals.
• Contact clients to procure images and information for our website and publications.
SALARY: $42-46K/year DOE to start. Full time, straight salary, no commission. (We value our team dynamic highly.) Health plan, vacation, holiday and sick time, performance incentives and other benefits are offered.
JOB LOCATION: The successful candidate will work full time in our main office in Berkeley, CA.
HOW TO APPLY:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please look at the company website (and our books if possible) to become familiar with our products. You should be sure to visit our “About” page and read it carefully. Please only respond if the way we do business resonates with you. We are only looking for candidates who feel as strongly about these principles as we do.
Meredith Monday Schwartz
Hopscotch Press, Inc.
Member Outreach Manager
This is a part time position ideally suited to a smart, self starting individual who formerly worked in finance or high technology and wants to stay in that world working flexibly and part time. Position may also be suited for someone who has provided admin support to country clubs, venture capital offices, or non profits.
Job requires approx. 20 hours per week but is flexible in the apportionment of those hours during any particular week. Tasks include:
1. Organizing several monthly meetings of angel investors
2. Managing a database of startup companies looking to present to the investors
3. Interacting with investors to support their consideration of investments
Work is primarily done via email, ACT database, Excel. Occasional in person meetings would be required each week.
Compensation varies based upon experience but may be as high as $25/hour.
Primary office is in Menlo Park with satellite office in San Francisco. Travel to those locations is occasionally required.
This is a super fun and exciting job working with interesting people at the epicenter of the Silicon Valley.
So that I can minimally assess whether you are genuinely interested in this position please go to http://www.angelcapitalassociation.org and respond to this advertisement by also sharing what you may know about the field of “angel investing”. Thanks and best wishes!