For the wedding and special events market in Northern California
Located on the sunny side of the Monterey Peninsula in beautiful Carmel, California, Quail Lodge & Golf Club is situated on the scenic Carmel River in the Carmel Valley. The quiet country club atmosphere is nestled amongst the natural backdrop of Quail Lodge & Golf Club’s championship golf course and the Santa Lucia Mountains. With an active and loyal membership, Quail Lodge & Golf Club features a 20,000 square-foot clubhouse, tennis courts, and a 93-room Lodge, which recently completed an extensive renovation that reopened in Spring 2013. The clubhouse includes a banquet room, multiple meeting space outlets, a bar and grill room with indoor and outdoor casual dining, golf shop, as well as a “members only” lounge, pool, workout facilities and men’s and ladies’ locker rooms. Visit http://www.quaillodge.com for more information.
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to increase and maximize catering and banquet revenues, and promote a positive image of the facility. Responsibilities include the implementation of various strategies including direct and/or telephone sales, direct marketing communications, special event promotions and community relations to promote weddings, local and social catered events at the Club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and organize all group banquet events, special events and manage communication between departments to help ensure coordination of activities.
• Conduct periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current collateral, which enhance the Club’s competitiveness in the marketplace, as well as for fiscal and operational analysis as appropriate.
• Build relationships with convention contacts, special event groups, wedding organizations, civic organizations, local charities, etc. to promote special events.
• Conduct tours for prospective banquet clients and perform tastings when applicable for up-selling opportunities
• Coordinate with Quail Lodge Director of Sales and Marketing to maximize banquet space according to needs of the Club.
• Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees, customers and outside contacts as applicable.
• Ensure that all employees, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Ensures that all appropriate charges are billed correctly to each event and forwarded to the accounting department for billing
• Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to marketing and wedding periodicals and participation in relevant trade organizations.
• Assists in the preparation of the marketing plan and annual budget to increase the profitability of the banquet operation; monitors performance against budgets; recommends corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met
• Assure the efficient and timely submission of all banquet sales reports as required by club management and the Regional Sales & Marketing Director of KemperSports
• Perform other duties as appropriate and directed by management.
• Communication: Organizes and presents ideas and information in a professional, clear, concise manner, written and verbally.
• Customer service: Is dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations and requirements of clients.
• Dependability: Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to time when needed to reach goals; completes tasks in a timely manner.
• Initiative: Demonstrates willingness to perform needed tasks without being directed; has willingness to learn new skills and enhance products and services.
• Creativity: Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topic
• College degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
• 3 years applicable food and beverage, sales and management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry, via club, hotel and/or wedding sales.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
• Dedication and commitment to excellent customer service.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and contact management software.
******Qualified candidates should apply for this position by visiting the careers section of www.quaillodge.com
Company: The Petal Company
Position: part time assistant
The Petal Company is looking to fill a part time assistant position.
Some flower knowledge: types and conditioning
Energetic, Passionate, Creative and Positive Attitude.
Reliable and Motivated.
Must be a hard worker willing to work most weekends, long days and some late nights.