For the wedding and special events market in Northern California
Hopscotch Press, Inc. is a small web marketing/publishing company looking to add a new member to our team who we can train to help us with business development, mostly done on the phone. Our office environment is friendly, casual, sunny, non-smoking and fragrance-free. Creativity, a sassy spirit and a healthy sense of humor are definitely a plus. This is a super fun place to work.
We’re best known for the “Here Comes The Guide” books and website—all of which highlight outstanding locations and services for weddings and special events in California and beyond. For more information on our products and services, please visit http://www.herecomestheguide.com.
• Possess excellent telephone and written communication skills.
• Be able to take direction, constructive criticism and work as part of a team.
• Be able to learn fast, think on your feet and juggle a variety of tasks.
• Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You gotta keep up!
• Be extremely detail-oriented and organized. We can’t emphasize this enough.
• Have impeccable time-management skills.
Greatly desired, but not required:
• Have prior sales experience with a proven track record of success, including cold calling and lead management.
• Publishing experience is not necessary, but sales, account management or marketing experience is desired. More than anything, you must actually like selling a quality product.
Competence on a Mac running OSX and knowledge of the following is required and will be tested:
• FileMaker Pro (or comparable database program)
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• General internet/tech-stuff savvy including email and a working knowledge of the biggest social media platforms
• Perform inside phone sales including cold calling and proactively following up on leads, phone inquiries, referrals and research.
• Keep track of all client contacts and maintain meticulous records in our database and web Content Management System.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
• Periodically visit existing and potential clients. (Not a ton of travel, but the opportunity arises from time to time.)
• Meet or exceed sales goals.
• Contact clients to procure images and information for our website and publications.
SALARY: $40-45K DOE to start. Full time, straight salary, no commission. (We value our team dynamic highly.) Health plan, vacation, holiday and sick time, performance incentives and other benefits are offered.
JOB LOCATION: This position will start out working full time in our office in Berkeley, CA until completely trained. At that point, the ability to work from home for portions of the week is offered. We believe flexibility and work/life balance are key benefits of working for Here Comes The Guide. (You can read more about what we believe here.)
HOW TO APPLY:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please look at the company website (and our books, if possible) to become familiar with our products.
Email a one-page cover letter along with your resume. PUT “JOB APPLICANT” IN THE SUBJECT LINE, or your application will not be considered. In your cover letter, tell us specifically why you’d like to work for Here Comes The Guide.
Please send your resume as a PDF.
Meredith Monday Schwartz
Hopscotch Press, Inc.
Candidates only, no agencies. No calls, please.
Location: The Bridges Golf Club, San Ramon, California
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overall food and beverage service at the club. The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of all food and beverage staff including service and for financial and operational management of the food and beverage operations within the budget guidelines. The Food and Beverage Manager will liaison with the sales staff in order to facilitate the execution of all banquets, outings and events to ensure maximum profitably and client satisfaction. Through aggressive marketing and the creation, planning and execution of specialized events, the Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for maximizing the sales potential in the restaurant, and orchestrating an impeccable food and beverage atmosphere that will ensure the highest level of quality product and service to each guest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide appropriate leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
• Assist in implementing departmental operating policies & procedures through training and supervision.
• Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
• Plan and implement staffing schedules to insure customer satisfaction is achieved within staff plan guidelines. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with company payroll policies and procedures.
• Ensure efficient and accurate execution of banquet functions, meetings, special events and outings.
• Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, food storage areas, washing areas, dining and bar areas, restrooms and beverage carts.
• Schedules personnel and plans room set-up based upon anticipated guest counts and client needs.
• Hires, trains and supervises dining room.
• Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
• Receives and handles complaints concerning food, beverages or service.
• Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staffs.
• Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel. Relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
• Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room procedures and layout.
• Produces daily/meal period sales analyses and other reports from the electronic data machine(s) used in the dining room.
• Develops and maintains the guest dining room reservation system.
• Develops and implements an on-going marketing program to increase restaurant business.
• Develops and supervises sales income control system.
• Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments as necessary to achieve financial goals.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• Five years minimum supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and in interpersonal communication skills. Along with ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Please include resume & cover letter detailing your interest in this project.