For the wedding and special events market in Northern California
Alioto’s Restaurant is looking for an experienced private banquet manager for 20-30 hours per week. The two banquet rooms were recently remodeled and have beautiful views of the Bay. They accommodate 18-55 people. For photos, click here.
30 hours a week
1. Marketing the rooms to conventions, businesses and private parties
2. Supervise all parties, in particular, greeting guests upon arrival
3. Scheduling of employees to work the event (servers, bussers) and coordinate with Alioto’s restaurant manager.
4. Manage banquet items inventory, including, but not limited to, water glasses wine glasses, silverware, china, linens, etc.
5. Fielding calls and emails from prospective clients and respond to inquiries about menus and availability on a timely basis.
6. Follow up after parties are completed.
7. Reporting: This position reports to the banquet supervisor (an Alioto family member).
· Have experience in a similar position with banquets, catering or special events.
· Have a proven record of providing excellent customer service
· Be responsive to people’s requests
· Ability to work with restaurant staff and vendors
· Possess great organization skills and can take care of details
· Be flexible with your work schedule, nights and weekends will be required.
20-30 hours a week, with a base hourly rate, plus a 5% commission on gross sales. Gross does not include tips and taxes. Also, a health plan is included.
-Handle incoming inquires for events through follow-ups, event and close-outs
-Soliciting new business to increase revenue
-Attend weekly department meetings with management and chef teams
-participate in outside marketing events, trade faire, industry mixers
-Ability to design events with client for weddings, corporate, social, fundraising onsite or offsite
-Able to work some nights and weekends and follow strict dress code
Min 2 year experience in Catering Sales with on property dining space, offsite experience required. An outgoing, multi-tasked professional that is detailed oriented, self-motivated, sales driven, team player and computer savvy.
-Competitive wages (Salary plus commission)
Medical and Dental Benefits
Sunol Valley Golf Club
Sunol Valley Golf Club is seeking a day of Event Coordinator for a part time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
1. Excellent customer service skills
2. Exceptional attention to detail
3. Exceptional time management and organizational skills
4. A dedication to customer satisfaction
5. Professional, enthusiastic and positive attitude
6. Flexible work schedule, nights/weekends required
7. Reliable and dependable
Experience in the catering/banquet/special events field