For the wedding and special events market in Northern California
Location: The Bridges Golf Club, San Ramon, California
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for overall food and beverage service at the club. The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of all food and beverage staff including service and for financial and operational management of the food and beverage operations within the budget guidelines. The Food and Beverage Manager will liaison with the sales staff in order to facilitate the execution of all banquets, outings and events to ensure maximum profitably and client satisfaction. Through aggressive marketing and the creation, planning and execution of specialized events, the Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for maximizing the sales potential in the restaurant, and orchestrating an impeccable food and beverage atmosphere that will ensure the highest level of quality product and service to each guest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide appropriate leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to subordinate management staff in accord with Company culture and mission statement to promote positive employee morale and performance quality.
• Assist in implementing departmental operating policies & procedures through training and supervision.
• Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
• Plan and implement staffing schedules to insure customer satisfaction is achieved within staff plan guidelines. Monitor activities to ensure compliance with company payroll policies and procedures.
• Ensure efficient and accurate execution of banquet functions, meetings, special events and outings.
• Ensure maintenance of all appropriate sanitation standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, food storage areas, washing areas, dining and bar areas, restrooms and beverage carts.
• Schedules personnel and plans room set-up based upon anticipated guest counts and client needs.
• Hires, trains and supervises dining room.
• Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, tip pools, etc.
• Receives and handles complaints concerning food, beverages or service.
• Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staffs.
• Directs pre-meal meetings with dining room personnel. Relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
• Makes suggestions about improvements in dining room procedures and layout.
• Produces daily/meal period sales analyses and other reports from the electronic data machine(s) used in the dining room.
• Develops and maintains the guest dining room reservation system.
• Develops and implements an on-going marketing program to increase restaurant business.
• Develops and supervises sales income control system.
• Monitors dining room labor and supplies budget; makes adjustments as necessary to achieve financial goals.
• BA/BS degree preferred.
• Five years minimum supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and in interpersonal communication skills. Along with ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Please include resume & cover letter detailing your interest in this project.
Alioto’s Restaurant is looking for an experienced private banquet manager for 20-30 hours per week. The two banquet rooms were recently remodeled and have beautiful views of the Bay. They accommodate 18-55 people. For photos, click here.
30 hours a week
1. Marketing the rooms to conventions, businesses and private parties
2. Supervise all parties, in particular, greeting guests upon arrival
3. Scheduling of employees to work the event (servers, bussers) and coordinate with Alioto’s restaurant manager.
4. Manage banquet items inventory, including, but not limited to, water glasses wine glasses, silverware, china, linens, etc.
5. Fielding calls and emails from prospective clients and respond to inquiries about menus and availability on a timely basis.
6. Follow up after parties are completed.
7. Reporting: This position reports to the banquet supervisor (an Alioto family member).
· Have experience in a similar position with banquets, catering or special events.
· Have a proven record of providing excellent customer service
· Be responsive to people’s requests
· Ability to work with restaurant staff and vendors
· Possess great organization skills and can take care of details
· Be flexible with your work schedule, nights and weekends will be required.
20-30 hours a week, with a base hourly rate, plus a 5% commission on gross sales. Gross does not include tips and taxes. Also, a health plan is included.
-Handle incoming inquires for events through follow-ups, event and close-outs
-Soliciting new business to increase revenue
-Attend weekly department meetings with management and chef teams
-participate in outside marketing events, trade faire, industry mixers
-Ability to design events with client for weddings, corporate, social, fundraising onsite or offsite
-Able to work some nights and weekends and follow strict dress code
Min 2 year experience in Catering Sales with on property dining space, offsite experience required. An outgoing, multi-tasked professional that is detailed oriented, self-motivated, sales driven, team player and computer savvy.
-Competitive wages (Salary plus commission)
Medical and Dental Benefits