For the wedding and special events job market in Northern California…
Repeat Roses takes the ordinary business of disposing waste and transforms it into an exceptional, emotionally engaging experience benefitting the social good and the environment.
Repeat Roses concierge pickup service removes floral waste from supermarkets, florists, hotels, event venues, etc. to deliver joy and divert a significant amount of commercial and private event floral waste from landfills. The collected- and still viable -blooms are recycled, refreshed and delivered to patients in nursing homes, hospice care and shelter facilities in order to improve residents’ emotional health. In addition to sharing joy, the zero-waste composting service allows businesses and community members to participate in environmentally sustainable waste removal practices.
As a new business, we have brought our mission of kindness and sustainability to 10 different states across the country and are looking to expand to the nation’s top regional markets. Our Affiliate Sales Consultant must possess the desire to exceed expectations and deliver results in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, entrepreneurial environment. The commitment and dedication it takes to be successful in this role will generate a financially-rewarding career. The sky’s the limit!
Title: Affiliate Sales Consultant
Location: Work from home office – Anywhere in the United States
Department: Sales & Marketing
Compensation: 100% Commission + Residuals and Bonuses
Repeat Roses is the first and only nationwide flower recycling and composting service. Clients receive top-notch concierge service dedicated to promoting pay-it-forward kindness and environmental sustainability.
The Affiliate Sales Consultant is responsible for driving the affiliate recruiting process for their assigned nation-wide territories. Skilled at the art of identifying leads and partnering with only the strongest qualified businesses, the Affiliate Sales Consultant makes it happen with enthusiasm, perseverance and results-oriented customer focus.
We surround ourselves with people who have heart, conscience and a passion for paying-it-forward. We’ve embraced this dream to create a nationwide movement of kindness while helping brides, grooms, event planners, hotels and businesses improve their corporate sustainability practices. If you’re inspired to contribute your talents and want to join our mission, we want to hear from you.
•Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
•Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
•Emphasize service features and benefits.
•Assess objections of prospective clients and deliver value.
•Generate and develop new customer accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary.
•Ensure follow-up by passing leads to Management with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
•Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
•Actively manage call appointment schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
•Use industry resources and marketing data software tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness.
•Maintain accurate records, including sales communication reports and other documentation.
•Collaborate with marketing team to develop sales and promotional materials.
•Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
•Make front-line assessment of market conditions and advise management of findings.
•Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
•A passion for selling.
•Proven leadership and the ability to take ownership of departmental goals and objectives.
•An understanding of B2B and B2C wedding market and related industry trends.
•Demonstrated success selling B2B services or products.
•Familiarity with upscale hotels, luxury brands, high-end florists, in-demand event planners and red carpet events.
•A highly organized mentality with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple deliverables, with strong attention to detail.
•Flexibility and adaptability to evolving roles and responsibilities.
•Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
•Demonstrated ability to influence and communicate effectively when writing, speaking and/or presenting to others.
•Solid experience in opportunity qualification, market territory research, call control, account development, and time and territory management.
•Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
•Strong knowledge of professional services sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
•Demonstrated experience in understanding, using and facilitating a sales methodology to further the sales cycle.
•Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
•Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
•Excellent listening skills.
•Strong written communication skills.
•Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
•Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
•Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
•High level of integrity and work ethic.
•A desire to succeed professionally and financially.
•A love for learning and personal development.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Date of Notice: January 19, 2015
Position Title: Catering Sales & Marketing Director
Job Location: San Jose Country Club
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: When filled
Established in 1899 San Jose Country Club has a rich golf history as it was the eighth golf course to open in California. SJCC was the founding member of the Northern California Golf Association and was originally designed by Tom Nicoll, a Scottish-born professional and the Club’s first head pro, with renovations by A.W. Tillinghast (1936), and John Harbottle (1997). Harbottle thought that the course has “a touch of Scotland”, likening it to Gleneagles. Many golf celebrities have enjoyed the challenge and subtle design of the San Jose Country Club golf course to include Snead, Hogan, Nelson, Walter Hagen, Babe Didrickson-Zaharias, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Joe DiMaggio, Patty Berg, Gene Sarazen, Johnny Miller, Julie Inkster, Patty Sheehan, and Fred Couples, to name a few.
In addition to the golf course, San Jose Country Club features full club amenities including a pool, bocce courts and driving range. The clubhouse offers fine dining and has banquet space capable of hosting banquets, weddings, and other events. For more information on this exciting new addition to the KemperCollection, please visit http://www.sanjosecountryclub.org
This position is responsible for the development and implementation of sales and marketing strategies, plans, and programs primarily designed to maximize both banquet and golf revenue. This position is also responsible for the execution of programs, projects, and activities designed to increase and retain Memberships within the Club as well as promote a positive image overall of the facility. General responsibilities include the implementation of various strategies including direct and/or telephone sales, direct marketing communications, special event promotions, networking, public relations, media relations, social media and community relations, etc.
• Utilize telemarketing, direct mail, referral programs and other methods to prospect for potential members and banquet leads.
• Promote and communicate club activities using newsletters, direct mail, e-mail, and bulletin boards.
• Plan and implement strategies to meet the club’s Membership and annual budget goals.
• Work with the corporate marketing department and/or outside agencies to create
appropriate and consistent internal communication and sales material/messages consistent
with the overall branding strategy.
• Conduct tours for prospective members and banquet clients.
• Oversee the production of Membership and wedding kits, brochures and promotional letters for sales calls, blitzes, direct mail and membership retention programs.
• Assists in the coordination and the development of internal Member events for the club and helps track the performance of all membership activities responding in timely manner to any Member requests and concerns.
• Manage and maintain the facility’s website, electronic newsletters, social media outlets and support the creation and maintenance of the customer database.
• Personally meet each club member and instill confidence that the club is operated in the best interests of the membership.
• Knowledgeable of the club’s database of member information assisting with any membership changes, additions and deletions.
• Organize the distribution and implementation of the annual member survey.
• Assist accounting in auditing member dues and fee payments.
• Assist with developing and conducting an orientation program for new members.
• Attend applicable monthly club committee meetings.
• Attend local civic and business association meetings (Chamber of Commerce, and business
• Develop and organize all group events, special events and manage communication between
departments to help ensure coordination of activities. Maintain positive relationships and communicate clearly, tactfully, and persuasively with employees, customers and outside contacts as applicable. Ensure that all employees, especially customer contact personnel, fully understand all pertinent details in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Assists in the preparation of the marketing plan and annual budget to increase the profitability of the banquet operation; monitors performance against budgets; recommends corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
• Conduct periodic market research to provide information essential for revising current programs, which enhance the facility’s competitiveness in the marketplace.
• Review and analyze internal and external market information, which reflects customer purchase, usage, and satisfaction with Company products and services. Monitor and track results of marketing and sales efforts, analyze budget variances and recommend revised action plans to achieve budgeted goals.
• Works with the Chef and others to coordinate personnel requirements for banquet functions.
• Holds pre-function meeting with servers to ensure smooth, efficient service.
• Cross train other key staff members regarding the general sales process and important
components as appropriate to facilitate the overall success of the team.
• Develops Banquet Event Orders and provides leadership in weekly BEO meetings and
• Assists Chef with wedding packages and menu development.
• Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary
and related marketing and sales reports as required by course management and the
Regional Sales & Marketing Director.
• Perform other duties as appropriate and directed by management.
• College degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years outside sales and marketing experience with proven track record of success
preferably in the hospitality, golf and/or private equity country club environment.
• Prior catering/banquet sales experience preferred
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to analyze and solve problems and efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure
with minimal supervision
• Must be highly visible and be able to work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends/holidays
• Must be highly organized, efficient, resourceful and detail oriented
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
• Dedication and commitment to excellent customer service.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and contact
management software such Salesforce.com
• Catering software experience preferred.
San Jose Country Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hopscotch Press, Inc. is a small web marketing/publishing company looking to add a new member to our team who we can train to help us with business development, mostly done on the phone. Our office environment is friendly, casual, sunny, non-smoking and fragrance-free. Creativity, a sassy spirit and a healthy sense of humor are definitely a plus. This is a super fun place to work.
We’re best known for the “Here Comes The Guide” books and website—all of which highlight outstanding locations and services for weddings and special events in California and beyond. For more information on our products and services, please visit http://www.herecomestheguide.com.
• Possess excellent telephone and written communication skills.
• Be able to take direction, constructive criticism and work as part of a team.
• Be able to learn fast, think on your feet and juggle a variety of tasks.
• Be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You gotta keep up!
• Be extremely detail-oriented and organized. We can’t emphasize this enough.
• Have impeccable time-management skills.
Greatly desired, but not required:
• Have prior sales experience with a proven track record of success, including cold calling and lead management.
• Publishing experience is not necessary, but sales, account management or marketing experience is desired. More than anything, you must actually like selling a quality product.
Competence on a Mac running OSX and knowledge of the following is required and will be tested:
• FileMaker Pro (or comparable database program)
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• General internet/tech-stuff savvy including email and a working knowledge of the biggest social media platforms
• Perform inside phone sales including cold calling and proactively following up on leads, phone inquiries, referrals and research.
• Keep track of all client contacts and maintain meticulous records in our database and web Content Management System.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with customers.
• Periodically visit existing and potential clients. (Not a ton of travel, but the opportunity arises from time to time.)
• Meet or exceed sales goals.
• Contact clients to procure images and information for our website and publications.
SALARY: $40-45K DOE to start. Full time, straight salary, no commission. (We value our team dynamic highly.) Health plan, vacation, holiday and sick time, performance incentives and other benefits are offered.
JOB LOCATION: This position will start out working full time in our office in Berkeley, CA until completely trained. At that point, the ability to work from home for portions of the week is offered. We believe flexibility and work/life balance are key benefits of working for Here Comes The Guide. (You can read more about what we believe here.)
HOW TO APPLY:
BEFORE YOU APPLY, please look at the company website (and our books, if possible) to become familiar with our products.
Email a one-page cover letter along with your resume. PUT “JOB APPLICANT” IN THE SUBJECT LINE, or your application will not be considered. In your cover letter, tell us specifically why you’d like to work for Here Comes The Guide.
Please send your resume as a PDF.
Meredith Monday Schwartz
Hopscotch Press, Inc.
Candidates only, no agencies. No calls, please.