Chicago, Illinois 60614
We'd love it if you would mention that you found Chicago History Museum on the Here Comes The Guide website.
Why We Like This Place
Things that make the Chicago History Museum a classic setting for a city wedding:
- Architectural elegance abounds. The Georgian-style Chicago Room, which offers views of Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast skyline, features a high, coffered ceiling and backlit cases displaying gorgeous stained-glass panels.
- You have the option of an outdoor ceremony or reception. The expansive Uihlein Plaza provides fabulous views of Lincoln Park and the Gold Coast. And if the weather is a concern, the space can be tented!
- Hosting an event here helps preserve the museum for future generations. Your rental fee goes into keeping the museum's programs and exhibitions running.
- Max. Seated Indoors: 225
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 300
- Max. Seated Indoors: 310
- Max. Seated Outdoors: 400
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Indoors: 500
- Max. Standing/Cocktails Outdoors: 1000
- Max. Seated: 225
MEETING CAPACITY: The museum can accommodate 225 seated guests theater-style, or 90 classroom-style.
Cost: Prices, Deposits, Etc.
A nonrefundable deposit of 50% the rental fee and a signed contract are required to secure your date. The full rental fee is payable 6 months prior to the event date. For weddings, the venue rental fee ranges $4,000–9,500 depending on the day of the week, time of event, and season.
Alternate Info: Chicago Museum, History Museum