Guilford Wedding Venue
2351 Durham Road
Guilford, Connecticut 06437
• History meets nature: This historic rural retreat is like a window into a gentler, bygone era. The 300-year-old working farm includes herb and flower gardens, meadows and woods. Stroll around the grounds and you may encounter sheep, chickens and oxen, too!
• Nature meets you: Get married under the trees, stars, or in a colorful garden full of antique varieties of roses, peonies, Dutch iris and daffodils. And by the way, the whole venue is a wonderful backdrop for photos.
• Barn receptions are warm and relaxed: Originally built in 1890, the reconstructed two-level Munger Barn charms with rustic simplicity. Here you can dine and dance surrounded by weathered wood walls, a wood-beam ceiling and multipaned windows overlooking the grounds.
• This farm is a truly unique experience: Tours of the farmhouse, barns, equipment and animals introduce you to turn-of-the-century life on a family farm. At the weekend Farmer’s Market here you can treat yourself to local produce, home baked goods and handcrafts; visit exhibits in the Farmhouse Museum; listen to music; or just have a cup of coffee.
• Your event contributes to historic preservation: Rental fees support the Dudley Foundation, which provides groundskeeping and gardening mentorship at the farm.
The wedding rental fee starts at $875. Hourly rentals are available for smaller events and meetings.
Special Events, Parties
Year-round, daily. A weekly Farmers’ Market is held at the farm on Saturday mornings June–October. Saturday events must be scheduled to begin at 2pm or later and all events must conclude by 11pm.