Old Lyme Wedding Venue
100 Lyme Street
Old Lyme, Connecticut 06371
• The inn and grounds are charming. Built in 1756, the Bee and Thistle started its life as a residence in the shipping colony of Old Lyme. From the outside it looks like a colonial-style dollhouse, with shuttered windows and pillars at the front entryway. Five acres along the Lieutenant River and a sunken English garden provide lots of options for your outdoor ceremony and photos.
• Every guest room has a different personality. All nine of them are elegant, sumptuous and individually decorated…and each one comes with a private bath and views of the estate.
• Art lovers will feel right at home. The inn itself showcases the works of local artists, and there are galleries within walking distance. Just next door is the Florence Griswold Museum, a National Historic Landmark featuring Impressionistic art. The nearby Lyme Academy for Fine Arts exhibits work done by its faculty, students and alumni.
• There’s lots to do in and around Old Lyme. Outdoor activities include hiking, picnicking, mountain biking and golf. You can also take a ride on a vintage 1920s steam locomotive, or on a riverboat down the Connecticut River. Gillette Castle State Park, the Goodspeed Opera House, the Sundial Gardens, and the Tea Chest Shop are just a few of the many other local attractions.
• You’ll be pampered at Vitality Spa. Owner Lindsay Eisensmith and her team—who think of bodywork as “an essential investment in your health”—provide spa services to Bee and Thistle Inn guests.
Please contact the venue for rental fee information. Packages start at $130/person for 65 guests and under, and $220/person for 70 guests and over. Packages include a 3-hour open bar, hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, champagne toast, 4-course plated dinner, wedding cake and on-site wedding planner. Tax and a service charge are additional.
Special Events, Parties
Banquet Hall/Events Facility
Alternate Info: Bee & Thistle Inn & Spa