What Everyone Should Know About Hiring A Wedding Photographer
Posted by Kathy on Aug 13, 2009.
Filed under Expert Advice, Photography, Planning
Comments (2), Permalink
When hiring a photographer for your wedding, remember that this is a business decision. The event professionals you talk to fully expect you to do your diligence. Besides, if they act offended, they aren’t really professional, right?
- We strongly advise you to call a few of a prospective photographer’s past wedding clients, and also contact at least one event location where they’ve worked. Good studio photographers aren’t always good event photographers, and vice versa.
Here are some questions to ask references that will get you revealing answers:
- What’s the photographer’s temperament like? Are they tense while they work, adding to the stress of your day? Or does their good humor contribute to the joy of the celebration?
- Do they play well with others (e.g. your caterer, entertainment and master of ceremonies)? If they’re likely to fight with the DJ over a power cord or let the caterer’s grilled salmon grow cold while they get “one more shot,” then this isn’t the right photographer for you.
- If you could improve anything about the photographer’s work style, what would it be?
- Were there any added expenses that were not made clear to you before you signed a contract?
- Did the photographer respond to your calls and questions efficiently?
- Most importantly: Would you recommend them to a friend or family member?
If you’re using HereComesTheGuide.com to find your wedding pros, you’re already ahead of the game. Like all our wedding vendors, each one of our wedding photographers is Certified By The Guide which means we talk to at least 10 other wedding professionals about their work and up to 10 brides and grooms who used that photographer at their event. We certify only those wedding pros who get rave reviews. Lukewarm feedback doesn’t cut it with us!
For more wedding photography insights, be sure to read questions to ask when meeting your wedding photographer.
Page 1 of 1 pages