Filed under Fashion, Stuff We Love, Trend Watch
In real life, you may run around in Crocs or Adidas, but for the wedding aisle, you want to dress your tootsies to the nines. Wedding accessory boutique Perfect Details (in Santa Cruz and online) has your feet covered…beautifully.
And they’ve just added some hot new wedding shoes to their inventory. Most memorable has got to be these fabulous stilettos, a less expensive interpretation of the infamous blue Manolo Blahnik shoes made famous by our favorite heroine, Carrie Bradshaw, in the Sex & The City movie. “Of course these babies don’t have the $950 price tag!” reminds Perfect Details’ accessory diva Lisa Levine. “Also the heel is a little bit lower, and there’s a padded toe box for your wedding comfort.”
Even me, Flip-Flop Girl, wouldn’t be able to resist the lure of lustrous blue satin heels adorned with a showy crystal buckle. Sure, they’re also available in ivory—but why not be Bold and Blue-tiful?
Filed under Expert Advice, Photography, Planning
When hiring a photographer for your wedding, remember that this is a business decision. The event professionals you talk to fully expect you to do your diligence. Besides, if they act offended, they aren’t really professional, right?
- We strongly advise you to call a few of a prospective photographer’s past wedding clients, and also contact at least one event location where they’ve worked. Good studio photographers aren’t always good event photographers, and vice versa.
Here are some questions to ask references that will get you revealing answers:
- What’s the photographer’s temperament like? Are they tense while they work, adding to the stress of your day? Or does their good humor contribute to the joy of the celebration?
- Do they play well with others (e.g. your caterer, entertainment and master of ceremonies)? If they’re likely to fight with the DJ over a power cord or let the caterer’s grilled salmon grow cold while they get “one more shot,” then this isn’t the right photographer for you.
- If you could improve anything about the photographer’s work style, what would it be?
- Were there any added expenses that were not made clear to you before you signed a contract?
- Did the photographer respond to your calls and questions efficiently?
- Most importantly: Would you recommend them to a friend or family member?
If you’re using HereComesTheGuide.com to find your wedding pros, you’re already ahead of the game. Like all our wedding vendors, each one of our wedding photographers is Certified By The Guide which means we talk to at least 10 other wedding professionals about their work and up to 10 brides and grooms who used that photographer at their event. We certify only those wedding pros who get rave reviews. Lukewarm feedback doesn’t cut it with us!
For more wedding photography insights, be sure to read questions to ask when meeting your wedding photographer.
Filed under Green Weddings, Off Beat, Stuff We Love, Wedding Ideas, Wedding Registries and Gifts
If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly wedding favor that’s sure to wow your guests, check out PinkyTree.com.
What a perfect symbol for your wedding! Aside from being adorable, Pinky Trees are alive and growing. A clear capsule (which can be imprinted with your names, monogram, or wedding date!) holds a live plant that will keep growing in their capsules for 6-12 months. Guests can use their Pinky Tree as a keychain, handbag accessory, mobile phone charm—or even create a little garden at their desk! The plants can also be re-potted to become a permanent reminder of your wedding.