Looking for affordable wedding ideas? We have lots of advice and ideas for doing your wedding on the cheap.
On our website you can:
1. Find your wedding location—see information from each location right here.
2. Find wedding services—and read why we (and brides) love them.
3. Keep track of the locations and services you like in MyGuide.
4. Find a wedding fair near you, so that you can shop around and get ideas.
5. Find a Wedding Dress Trunk Show near you. Some offer great discounts!
A location might be way too expensive if you booked its ballroom for a Saturday night in June; however, if you opted for a Friday or Sunday night or changed the month to April or November, that site might then be affordable. Also, some locations will reduce their published rates if you negotiate with them. You might even consider a mid-week wedding.
Before you make any major decisions or commit any of your funds for specific items, take a serious look at your total budget and make sure it can cover all your anticipated expenses. If it can’t, it’s time to make some hard decisions. If you have a very large guest list and a small pocketbook, you may need to shorten the list or cut back on some of the amenities you want to include. Doing your homework here really counts. Pin down your costs at the beginning of the planning stage and get all estimates in writing.
BEST ADVICE: If you like a particular location but it seems out of your price range, don’t give up on it. By being flexible—shifting the month, day, time, menu, etc.—you may be able to have your event there and stay within your budget.
We know it might not be the most fun part of getting married, but for more information about budgeting for your wedding, click here. You can do it!
• DIY Wedding Ideas from our blog
• Budget Wedding Ideas from our blog
• Questions to Ask Your Wedding Service Professionals